I'm Sure I've Linked This Before ...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... but I shall shamelessly do so again :angel:.

Stumbled across this whilst link-surfing YouTube. Every time I 're-find' this it raises my eyebrows that these lasses did not do better on the commercial side of things than they did. Awesome smoky-edged rock voices and oh-boy were they ever-so ... er ... well ... how to express it ... 'pleasing to the eye' :). I heard (and one of the comments on YT backs this up) that MTV had to pull the video after a couple of days as it was considered a bit too 'hot' for day-time viewing! How times have changed :lol:.

[yt]t58HN5GGMfU[/yt]

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And nearly thirty years on still hot and rocking:

[yt]wslrV3fOiBM[/yt]

One post-script is that they are always credited as being Australian but they were in fact London born.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've not heard of this lass before but if Santana rates her then she's definitely worth a listen:

[yt]BXf8oJq049w[/yt]

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yep, when I'm watching someone play and I'm watching her fingers rather than being distracted by how she looks then she IS good :tup:. It doesn't hurt that she's playing the same electric-bluesy style that I do :eek:.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]0SwHc-8nSY4[/yt]

A compilation of some of her solo's - why is this lass not doing 'real' music instead of the pseudo-pop that I've heard she puts out?

More like this please :) :

[yt]mK6tcgsKgps[/yt]

Last edited:
OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some rather splendid guitar talent here:

[yt]Usg88JufqH8[/yt]

Jeff Beck is one of my 'heroes' when it comes to guitar playing - had a bit of a double take tho' when his bass player came into shot as she's the dead-spit of the wife of one of my work colleagues :D.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep, when I'm watching someone play and I'm watching her fingers rather than being distracted by how she looks then she IS good :tup:. It doesn't hurt that she's playing the same electric-bluesy style that I do :eek:.

:)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
... but I shall shamelessly do so again :angel:.

Stumbled across this whilst link-surfing YouTube. Every time I 're-find' this it raises my eyebrows that these lasses did not do better on the commercial side of things than they did. Awesome smoky-edged rock voices and oh-boy were they ever-so ... er ... well ... how to express it ... 'pleasing to the eye' :). I heard (and one of the comments on YT backs this up) that MTV had to pull the video after a couple of days as it was considered a bit too 'hot' for day-time viewing! How times have changed :lol:.

[yt]t58HN5GGMfU[/yt]

And we are so glad you did my friend..............

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dug out some footage of Vixen from YouTube that, despite the awful video quality, exemplifies something that I bang on about to all and sundry these days i.e. bands that can actually play live. No lip-syncing or any such shennanigans, just being able to behave like ... erm ... well ... behave like a musician rather than a 'media product'. It was very interesting to hear how they handled "Edge of A Broken Heart", which is a fade-out track on their album.

[yt]Q6wd9aTLnB8[/yt]

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I've not heard of this lass before but if Santana rates her then she's definitely worth a listen:

[yt]BXf8oJq049w[/yt]

Orianthi was picked as the guitarist for Michael Jacksons comeback tour, which was due to launch her career. Of course, he passed away while the show was still in rehearsals, which put a bit of a cramp in things for her.

She's from Adelaide (South Australia), and had already done promotional material for companies such as Panasonic (the first time I saw her was on a promo loop they were giving stores), as well as having caught Carlos Santana's ear. Quite a talented young lass, really, but hasn't done a lot here. There's only been one semi-successful single so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another 'new to me' discovery - another lass who plays the blues with a jazz/funk twist like I do - I don't know whether to be happy or sad :lol: :

[yt]_fRzp5dRnl8[/yt]

Here's more 'music' less 'advertising chat':

[yt]dX4Yw17BH0g[/yt]

What I've heard I like but I do have to say that she does make some mistakes here and there than an 'ugly bloke' would not get away with so lightly.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The video quality is appalling (it's from quite some time ago now) but the talent still shows through - three lasses throwing down some excellent vibes live ... when did bands start to lose the ability to actually do this? It's only rock 'n' roll but they're still singing great harmonies whilst belting out bass, guitar and drums:

[yt]C5fDXRz1bic[/yt]

For myself, I actually prefer this to a lot of their own compositions, mainly because their own stuff pushed for very raspy and raw vocals that, to me, just didn't sound great.

Last edited:
OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a bit of Warlock live footage I've not seen before - pretty good quality:

[yt]33TbR_1Mx7g[/yt]

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A rather splendid tune that I found on YouTube whilst doing my "meander about links watching guitarists" thing :D

[yt]KGbYqFFTEyY&feature=colike[/yt]

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And following up that find I found this:

[yt]8wRcFW1qiXY[/yt]

First off, I love the music but secondly, it has to be said, Wow for entirely different reasons :D. Can you imagine being a chap who asks one of these out, turns up to pick her up and finds there're five of them :lol: I'll bet their dad has his work cut out keeping the suitors in suitable order :).

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, really, I'd only be upset if it wasn't the brunette on the far right that I was picking up... speaking of which, a quick search shows them to be an independent group, with minimal web presence yet. The young lady that caught my eye has a blog, though (http://heidihastings.wordpress.com/tag/band/), as well as a link there to her facebook page.

I do love the name Heidi as well....

Okay, I like this find.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I have to say that I largely agree on that one, Chris. She is most blessed ... and a bassist too :).

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To steal the name of a very long running series of compilation records (terrible ones in the main :D), Now That's What I Call Music:

[yt]9_aJ4X6JyE8[/yt]

She has a few flat notes and fluffs but still very nicely done.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Colour me impressed at this young lady:

[yt]haqbqkpGtQ4[/yt]

And it would seem that I am not the only one ... that really is (what's left of) Boston she's playing with! :faints:

[yt]Yam4Ka7INGs[/yt]

And Sammy Hagar!

[yt]sb3v1DD5ki0[/yt]

Last edited: