I'm new here

• Thread starter Loren W. Christensen
  • Start date

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, glad to have you aboard. I work in LE and have several of your books and very much enjoy the great information they have in them. I look forward to reading your posts and learning more from you in the future.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Christensen! I have enjoyed all of your books and am happy to have them in my library. I too have spent a lifetime in LE, and an planning on retiring next year. Thanks for sharing your experience and taking the time to chat with us. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

-Garry Grotewold

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

Retiring! Excellent. Hope the remaining days will go quickly for you.

Keep training, stay in shape and eat healthily, and you will have many good years ahead.

Loren Chistensen
www.lwcbooks.com

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, You are one of my flavorite authors. I have three of your books so far and I am planning to get the rest of your books. Please keep up the writings.
Most of todays martials arts miss the object of martial art training and the real thing (fighting)is so different from the traditonal style of training. Those may have work back then , but today fighting is quick and fast. The book " Anything Goes" is something I started sharing with our students. Makes so much sence about training for a real street fight.

Thank-you for changing my way of training and thinking of the martial arts....Aloha from Hawaii.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So.....

Are you wearing pants this time and how would you kill a sumo wrestler? :EG:

Glad to see someone else from that mailing list on board here. I am about ready to use some old tangerines for your little exercise in Vital Targets. I am just having trouble finding someone willing to be the actor.

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

QUOTE=still learning]

Thank-you for changing my way of training and thinking of the martial arts....Aloha from Hawaii.[/QUOTE]
Still Learning:

I'm still trying to figure how to respond here, so I hope I'm doing this right.

Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated. I just try to do my little part to save martial artists from that gut wrenching feeling of coming face-to-face with some big ape who has muscles even his hair, and suddenly realizing, "I only know how to do musical kata."

It's critical that we keep the sense of real fighting in what we do.

Loren Christensen
www.lwcbooks.com

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

Don Roley said:
Glad to see someone else from that mailing list on board here. I am about ready to use some old tangerines for your little exercise in Vital Targets. I am just having trouble finding someone willing to be the actor.
Hey Don,

This is our little secret...but I darned near broke my fingers on that melon because I kept missing the eye holes. If you look close you can see it. We only had one melon so we couldn't re-shoot. Besides, my fingers were shot, anyway.

Starting with tangerines is good, or grapes.

This looks like a great list, too.

Loren Christensen
www.lwcbooks.com

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Loren W. Christensen said:
Hey Don,

This is our little secret...but I darned near broke my fingers on that melon because I kept missing the eye holes. If you look close you can see it. We only had one melon so we couldn't re-shoot. Besides, my fingers were shot, anyway.

Starting with tangerines is good, or grapes.

This looks like a great list, too.

Loren Christensen
www.lwcbooks.com

My curiousity is officially sparked.

What exactly are you doing with tangerines and melons?

I am putting two and two together here, but spell it out for me... :)

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that with Loren on the scene, you have access to someone with a wealth of knowledge, both theoretical and road tested. Also, Loren is my very first instructor in karate 38 years ago! Welcome aboard, sensei!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS- Loren - email me. Got news for you.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Hey Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that with Loren on the scene, you have access to someone with a wealth of knowledge, both theoretical and road tested. Also, Loren is my very first instructor in karate 38 years ago! Welcome aboard, sensei!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

PS- Loren - email me. Got news for you.

Wow...pretty cool Dan.

I's did not know that...

Paul

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Yep. You like real deal? Loren is real deal. He served as a military policeman in Saigon during the Vietnam war and then for over 20 years (I believe) as a cop in Portland. He damn near beat me half to death on his 2nd degree black belt test. I was on his grading board and his sparring partner and this was back when I was lean and mean myself. I have nothing but the highest respect for Loren. He's also a great guy as well.

Yours,
Dan

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

It's easy to get Dan. Wait until he's sleeping then user a sniper rifle that has accuracy up to one mile.
Loren Christensen
www.lwcbooks.com

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's easy to get Dan. Wait until he's sleeping then user a sniper rifle that has accuracy up to one mile.
Loren Christensen
No need...old age will be catching up with him soon enough (oh man, am I in trouble on his next trip to Detroit!
Man! I leave Oregon for ONE DAY and this is how the mice play. Paul, you're a swine...and that's one of your better qualities. :rolleyes:
Loren, you breaka my heart. Wait till we have coffee and you turn your head...lotsa sugar in your cup. :ultracool

Dan

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Mr. Christensen,

Coincidentally I've been using 'Solo Training' a lot lately, which is a great resource.

I'm looking forward to drawing from your experience in the future.

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

Thanks for your kind words.

Looking at your pic...hopefully Solo Training didn't do that to you.

I just finished Solo 2. Should be out in the spring. :)

Loren
www.lwcbooks.com

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whoa.

Folks, this is a heavy hitter. Loren Christensen has written about a gazillion articles.

Welcome aboard, sir. 'Tis an honor having you at MT. I look forward to your posts.

Regards,

Steve