I'm new here

• Thread starter Loren W. Christensen
  • Start date
L

Loren W. Christensen

Happy holidays to everyone. I ran across this forum while doing some research and thought it looked friendly. Not all forums are.

I began training in the martial arts in 1965 and continue to this day. After almost 40 years I am grateful for Excedrin and any other pain reliever I can find.

My primary focus in training is on anything that fits my slant, which is street survival. I have studied many systems over the years and have always found something usable in every one. For the past year I've been examining muay Thai as to how to make its devastating sport techniques street applicable.

I'm a full-time writer and have penned several martial arts books as well as books on other topics.

You can see more about me on my site www.lwcbooks.com.

I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn much from all of you.

Loren

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greeting, Mr. Christensen and welcome to MartialTalk. It's always good to have folks with lots of experience under their belt join us on the board.

Have a look around, enjoy your stay and happy posting.:asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glad to have you with us! Welcome!

- Ceicei

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Loren W. Christensen[color=black said:
My primary focus in training is on anything that fits my slant, which is street survival. I have studied many systems over the years and have always found something usable in every one. For the past year I've been examining muay Thai as to how to make its devastating sport techniques street applicable.[/color]

I'm a full-time writer and have penned several martial arts books as well as books on other topics.

You can see more about me on my site www.lwcbooks.com.

I'm glad to be here and I hope to learn much from all of you.

Loren

Mr Christensen,

No sir, we (at least I) look forward to learning much from you and your wealth of exprerience and knowledge.

Welcome to MT! :)

I moderate the gun and knife area's, and I really hope that you stop by over there to chat. Anyways, have fun...I look forward to talking to you soon.

Sincerely,

Paul Janulis

P.S. Your work's "deadly force encounters: What COPS need to know to survive a gunfight" and "Far Beyond Defensive Tactics" are on my "things to buy" list. Perhaps you could share your inspiration and knowledge base for the first mentioned title in the firearm forum? :ultracool

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome also, Mr. Christensen, yes we are a friendly lot. Excedrin used to be my headache medicine. But since I went to TKD, I went to Advil for short term pain and inflammation and Glucosamine Sulfate for long term healing. Check it out! Glad to have your experience here. TW

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:wavey:

Welcome Loren to MartialTalk, by far the BEST martial arts forum around. Glad to have you aboard. Looking forward to your posts.

OP
R

rcw23

Welcome Loren. I am fan of your books and look forward to learning from you in the forums.

By the way, I am new here also. Hello everyone.

rcw

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Sir. :asian:

Its a pleasure to have you here! Enjoy your stay!

Mike

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. This seems to be a high energy and positive place. I'm glad I found it.

Loren Christensen
www.lwcbooks.com

Whitebelt

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You said you where looking for street survival methods. Well If it's a guy a kick in the nuts will always do.

OP
L

Loren W. Christensen

http://www.lwcbooks.com

It would be nice if it were that simple, if one technique fit all occasions. It's been my experience in the street that a groin kick by itself isn't that effective. It hurts in class, but in the street where adrenaline is surging through the body with each accelerated heart beat, a groin shot can seldom be relied on. It might hurt later, but most people can eat it and continue the fight.

Loren Christensen

www.lwcbooks.com

Latest Discussions