IF you could have one weapon from a Sci Fi film...what would it be..

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
That is a really hard question.... Would it be the one ring... Phaser.... Cloaking device.... Nope...

For me it would be a lightsaber..yep..that would be badass..Even BAFM style stuff...

Just a nice weapon that could cut thru anything, reflect bullets and open up a taan taan if needed. Call me nerdy but i'm sure a lot of you would have to adjust yourself if you actually could get a working model. :jedi1:

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
for simple style, Zoe's 'hogleg' laser shotgun thingy from Firefly

for effectiveness, i'd be all about asteroid bombing

for cool, i gotta go with a lightsaber

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We rented the movie DOOM last weekend.

The BFG is still the coolest weapon. :) Even with all its deficiencies.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
beau_safken said:
Just a nice weapon that could cut thru anything, reflect bullets and open up a taan taan if needed. Call me nerdy but i'm sure a lot of you would have to adjust yourself if you actually could get a working model. :jedi1:

Nope, lightsabers can't deflect bullets, it could cut them in half and melt them a bit, which means you then get hit by two smaller projectiles. You can deflect blasters and lasers and whatnot, but who has those?

Me, I want a working model of Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" powered armor. I want to be able to HALO from orbit, run through walls, jump hundreds of meters, have a flamethrower on my left arm something that shoots projectiles on my right, and whatever is loaded onto the Y-rack makes me a nuclear power in my own right.

Now THAT would be cool.

Alternately, I would take one of the alien symbiots from Weber's "The Apocalypse Troll" that aids in healing, survival, and essentially negates the effects of aging.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some kind of magnetic rail firearm. Course the ST armour, Vera, and the lightsaber all beat it out for the coolness factor.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mandalorian armor! comes with flame thrower, mini-blaster, grappling hook, jet pack... what else do you need? :) well, perhaps a hidden light saber would be nice... hehe

oh yeah, it better be air conditioned!

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Guys, guys forget all those lazers and phazers, the best weapons use in a sci-fi flick has gotta be those from Aliens. They're not fancy, pretty or swish but man have they got some serious juice - the assault rifle / grenade thingy and the high-tech "smart gun" - yes please, I'll take a crate of each...

Respects!

OP
beau_safken

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Dammit I totally forgot....

What about that brown gun from Fifth Element. All those cool things like freeze gun, sticky net, missles, flame thrower..and the red button..which Button?ASD AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's the Zorg ZF1!
...It's light... the handle's adjustable for easy carrying... good for righties and lefties.... Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by X-rays.. It's the ideal weapon for quick, discreet interventions. A word on fire power: Titanium recharger. 3000 round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the replay button, another Zorg innovation, it's even easier... one shot. ... and replay sends every following shot to the same location......
Then, there's the Zorg oldies but goldies...Rocket launcher. The always efficient flame thrower... My favorite. Our famous net launcher, the arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads - very practical. And for the grand finale, the all-new ice-cube system!

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
That's the Zorg ZF1!
...It's light... the handle's adjustable for easy carrying... good for righties and lefties.... Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by X-rays.. It's the ideal weapon for quick, discreet interventions. A word on fire power: Titanium recharger. 3000 round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the replay button, another Zorg innovation, it's even easier... one shot. ... and replay sends every following shot to the same location......
Then, there's the Zorg oldies but goldies...Rocket launcher. The always efficient flame thrower... My favorite. Our famous net launcher, the arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads - very practical. And for the grand finale, the all-new ice-cube system!
...Now Egg, without wanting to ruin the highbrow nature of the thread hehe, what you're describing is sounding dangerously close to Serge's "Annihilator 2000" from one of the Beverly Hills Cop series... LOL

Respects

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
OnlyAnEgg said:
Serge swipes it from Luc Besson :p

heheh
...Was Gary Oldman right for that role or what? I mean, would you buy a used weapon from this man?? Hehe.

Respects!

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are few movies I can say I like better than that one.

I especially liked the hat on the junky.

Attachments

• $5thElement01.jpg
    $5thElement01.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 146
  • $5thElement02.jpg
    $5thElement02.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 127

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Having a Terminator to call your own would be very sweet! Preferably the T3 "upgraded" version. :wink:

Or Mila Jovonavich from Resident Evil. :inlove:

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Having a Terminator to call your own would be very sweet! Preferably the T3 "upgraded" version. :wink:

Or Mila Jovovich from Resident Evil. :inlove:

or just Mila Jovonavich

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, first, Beau, you aint THAT nerdy cuz its a Taun Taun. :p

Second, Blindside, Laser Rifle? No problem, you want one, Ill sell you one for 2k. Yes I am serious.

JeffJ, Same for a Magnetic Rail Gun. Again, yes I am serious.

Anyone need an EMP Cannon? (Those are considerably more expensive)

Now. Ahem.

I would like a StormCrow class Battlemech with an SR20, PPC, 4 Small Lasers, 1 Lg Laser, and Twin Linked MMGs.