If you are teaching women

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This poster has recently been put up in the New York subways by their sanitation department.

View attachment 21847

If the cartoon figure in the poster was of any other demographic, think it would have caused any problems?

After the White males, they're going to be going after the Asians next....who will fold much quicker.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Putting a weapon near my students is likely to induce them to either KO you or roll around on the floor laughing. They know more about weapons ( including those that civilians don't get their hands on) and have used them in war zones

"Civilians don't get their hands on"....you mean because WWI weapons are antiques and hard to find?

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
After the White males, they're going to be going after the Asians next....who will fold much quicker.
I am struggling to find a non-racist context for this statement. Hopefully someone can 'enlighten' me.........

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That actually is very analogous, just not in the way that you think. The risk isn't of 'young black men' getting shot, it's of 'people pointing guns at/trying to fight with cops' getting shot. On this front the statistics actually show you're more likely to be shot if you're white.

Weaselling 'race' in there is politics.

IIRC, black men are four times more likely than white men to be shot by the police. There just are far more white men then black men in the US, so the total overall number of white men that get shot by the police is higher.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
IIRC, black men are four times more likely than white men to be shot by the police. There just are far more white men then black men in the US, so the total overall number of white men that get shot by the police is higher.

How come there aren't as many Asian men getting shot, in the same proportions if racial profiling was the issue? What about other minorities, such as Arabs or Middle Easterners as a whole? Rarely any Middle Easterners are shot by Cops.

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am struggling to find a non-racist context for this statement. Hopefully someone can 'enlighten' me.........
I am no further enlightened..... Your comment sounds racist. If you are good with that, I think it says more about you than me.

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
aww why wouldn't you answer my question? I thought we were friends.
Some people are not strong enough to admit they said something wrong, apologize and move on. If you are happy to be perceived as a racist, no sweat off my back. I can just scroll on by your posts and my involvement with you is over. It won't change the fact that you said something racist but that will be something you will have to live with, not me.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Some people are not strong enough to admit they said something wrong, apologize and move on. If you are happy to be perceived as a racist, no sweat off my back. I can just scroll on by your posts and my involvement with you is over. It won't change the fact that you said something racist but that will be something you will have to live with, not me.

Nice try, but I think that you're the Racist.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Civilians don't get their hands on"....you mean because WWI weapons are antiques and hard to find?

No, because civilians don't get to use the modern weapons the military use in anger. They may try them out on ranges etc but they don't actually get to use them every day.
Actually World War One weapons aren't hard to find at all, many people have them in their collections.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd advise everyone to calm down and be damn careful where you go with this racist talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions