Idiot Tries To Stop/Slow His Truck ala Fred Flintstone

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe he wasn't a criminal but he certainly was stupid.
ROSEVILLE, Mich. -- The feet of a 24-year-old Detroit-area man failed him as he tried to use them to brake his car on a busy street.Roseville Police Deputy Chief James Berlin said the man rolled about two miles on Groesbeck Highway while while sticking his feet outside his car in attempts to stop it, hitting four vehicles along the way. Berlin said the man admitted he knew the brakes weren't working but wanted to get home because he had work issues. He hit two vehicles after a running a red light and continued on and hit two more at another intersection.He said the driver was finally stopped when an officer caught up with him and told him to put the truck in park.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28907907/detail.html
One can imagine his insurance rates skyrocketing too... IF he can be insured by any agent willing.

Moron needs to have his license taken away from him for a while until he can understand the laws of physics and the concept of weight ratio.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no mention of an emergency brake. Every car I ever owned had one. :confused:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no mention of an emergency brake. Every car I ever owned had one. :confused:

The "emergency brake" on most cars today is insufficient to stop it under a lot of circumstances. It'll keep it from rolling, and may slow it -- but most are a simple cable brake and either the lever within the brake or the cable will snap if there's much speed involved.

Dropping it into park or neutral is generally the best bet.

Other than, oh, NOT DRIVING A CAR WITHOUT WORKING BRAKES!

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yes, these are the types of retards that our law enforcement deal with on a daily basis. Wow! I think he had more than just work issues.