hand2handCombat

my chinese friend told me kung fu was chinese.......:confused: now im confused

OP
C

chufeng

Yeah...and your post has me confused...

What exactly is your question?
Do you want the definition of Kung Fu?
Did you think that Kung Fu was Okinawan?

What????:idunno:

chufeng

OP
F

fissure

err....where did you think kung fu came from?

OP
F

fissure

chufeng, Kaith Rustaz- you beat me to it by one minute,one freaking minute!:EG:

OP
H

hand2handCombat

my mistake, he told me it was japanese . i wrote chinese because i was thinking it in my mind

OP
F

fissure

my mistake, he told me it was japanese . i wrote chinese because i was thinking it in my mind
He is simply misinformed!

OP
C

chufeng

Someone once told me that Pugs (the dogs with the smooshed faces) would have become extinct if not for the British...

Someone once told me that the only reason traditional Chinese acupuncture survives today is because of the French...

Someone once told me that blood is blue until it hits the air and then it turns red...

Certainly, there are people in Japan who have Kung Fu (skill)...
Kitaro is a composer that has been imitated, but never replicated.
Konishiki, up until his knee injury was very hard to beat at Sumo (although that may be more related to size and less to skill)...

Ch'uan Fa (referred to in our country as Kung Fu) is a Chinese art and there are many who have Kung Fu in their Ch'uan Fa...

I once heard that if you leave a razor blade in the moonlight, it will turn dull....

..and on and on...

:asian:
chufeng

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by hand2handCombat

LOL..Where else would you be thinking
it? Every community needs a comedian and I nominate you:)

OP
C

Chiduce

Ok, i think i get it! Kata (Forms/Patterns/Gongfu), in the Shorinji Temple is the Japanese version of Chinese Forms (Kata/Techniques), in the Shaolin Temple. :asian:
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hand2handCombat

Quite missinformed, thats all. Very, very missinformed, but missinformed nonetheless.

:D Did I say he was missinformed yet ?

7sm :asian:

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Someone once told me that Pugs (the dogs with the smooshed faces) would have become extinct if not for the British...

Someone once told me that the only reason traditional Chinese acupuncture survives today is because of the French...

Someone once told me that blood is blue until it hits the air and then it turns red...

I heard all of these but the one about PUGS.

I would imagine at Felix Mann is the Frenchman that helped boost TCM. He has a great book on Acupunture.

Thanks
jeremy bays

OP
C

chufeng

Jeremy,

The reason I posted that is that the factoids are false...

TCM survived because many of the practitioners fled China during the Cultural Revolution where physicians were forced to work on communal farms. Those that fled continued to practice in their new home (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Europe, etc.) The French simply want credit for it...Felix Mann may have popularized it, but it never went away....

Although Pugs were originally bred in China (around 400 BC), their survival as a breed is NOT due to the British...The "standard" for the Pug may have been established by an English kennel club...but the breed would have survived, regardless...remember the British were colonialists (to a much greater degree than the Americans ever were...remember WE were a colony once, as was Australia, and India) So anything that they "stole," from the colonies, they Britainized...they took credit for it.

The blood is NOT blue...venous blood is more of a burgundy color and arterial blood is bright red...if blood is BLUE...the poor guy is probably dead (or very close to it)...

The other stuff stands on its own...

:asian:
chufeng

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, I think everyone in the world believed that blood was blue until hitting the atmosphere! It made sense because everyone would look at thier hands and say, see I can see the blue veins! :)

But yes, it is most deffinatly not blue.

7sm