I want to learn martial arts

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't need a concrete answer :) I need advises from people here because I know that people here know what I want and can answer my questions.Thank you :)

Ok so you have done whatever martial arts for 10 years. How do you see yourself? What have you achieved?

OP
Marie_Flowers88

Marie_Flowers88

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ok so you have done whatever martial arts for 10 years. How do you see yourself? What have you achieved?

Expecting my learnings is still not enough. I can see masters which trained for more than 20 years but they still don't see themselves as perfect. I probably achieved the satisfaction of me taking martial arts for that long. I probably gain knowledge for me to also share it. And my body is fit and healthy.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Expecting my learnings is still not enough. I can see masters which trained for more than 20 years but they still don't see themselves as perfect. I probably achieved the satisfaction of me taking martial arts for that long. I probably gain knowledge for me to also share it. And my body is fit and healthy.

Are you a black belt? A competitive fighter? Are you capable of self defence?

You want to look at what you want to achieve as a martial artist so we can get an idea of what martial arts you might want to do.

OP
Marie_Flowers88

Marie_Flowers88

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you a black belt? A competitive fighter? Are you capable of self defence?

You want to look at what you want to achieve as a martial artist so we can get an idea of what martial arts you might want to do.

I'll stick with I want to learn it more on self-defence. I really not expect myself to compete :)
From all the advice they gave me, I think of doing MMA. Do you have some insights of other martial arts?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll stick with I want to learn it more on self-defence. I really not expect myself to compete :)
From all the advice they gave me, I think of doing MMA. Do you have some insights of other martial arts?

I do MMA. It works fine for self defence. And has a few cool things you can do with it.