I think this here is way better than wing chun

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Check this out. I'd like to see a wing chun expert fight against this guy.

The stuff he does looks way more brutal and effective.

It's like 1,2 and baaam the attacker's arm is gone. Very impressive!

I wish he had a school where I live. I'd sign in for 12 years if I had to.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I swear I need to grab you by the face and drag you into literally just any gym or dojo.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score

Luke has a strong FMA background along with some silat, muay thai, and kung fu.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah Luke's stuff is cool. So find somebody like that where you live and go for it. But be prepared, I hear he charges a whole lot!

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why are you still here no one on these boards actually respects you now

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To the original poster:

I'm going to give you a bit of a reminder here, not as an administrator, but as just an ordinary forum member.

Just because you weren't able to gain a benefit from a particular system does not necessarily mean that others can't either.

Furthermore, please keep in mind that art-bashing is forbidden on this forum. If you continue down this path, you'll probably be hit with warning points for violating the Rules and Policies, specifically:

1.10.2 No Art bashing.

No one art is "the best", no one "style" is the best. All have their strengths and weaknesses. Do your research and find what best fits your ability and need.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah. But what does luke look like in a fight? Everything looks awesome in drills.

Identify what turned you off the chun and re apply the principles. That will help yo get a bead on what style is going to work for you.

Then do boxing.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score

his methods may be good but i disagree with his professionalism, his language is offensive and i see more and more people and instructors doing this. i for one would not attend his or anyone's school if they spoke to me that way.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
his methods may be good but i disagree with his professionalism, his language is offensive and i see more and more people and instructors doing this. i for one would not attend his or anyone's school if they spoke to me that way.

In a regular class I'd agree completely. A polite and respectful environment is called for.

Now, if you are doing simulated self-defense scenarios, that may call for a different set of rules. Thugs don't talk nice. ...or respond well to polite talk designed not to offend their tender sensibilities.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score

Okay I am going to stop replaying here because...yeah. There is NO DIFFERENCE. If you go into a Silat or FMA class you will learn gunting more than trapping, WC, more trapping than limb destruction. They all have them, they simply prioritize something different. STOP looking at the "cool" martial art or the art some guy in a video makes looks cool to you. Stop and look at actually full demonstrations. Ask "which one looks to fit my mindset, my strength and my flexibility." Then chose the art because there is no "special sauce", no innately superior MA. Honestly look in the mirror, ask "what am I physically and mentally capable of" then choose. If you can ask this question and answer it honestly you will find the right Art for you. If you can't, then you shouldn't study the Martial arts because regardless of the Art step 1 is understanding your personal limitations.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what am I physically and mentally capable of" t

I seem to remember the OP posting on one of this threads about how weak and ill he was? He had all sorts of physical issues.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I seem to remember the OP posting on one of this threads about how weak and ill he was? He had all sorts of physical issues.
And if this is the case in reality, I recall this thanks to you, any hard/striking art is not appropriate.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I have trained students with serious physical issues and they have made great progress. Heck, I have some physical issues myself. IMO, the OP's most crippling issues are not physical.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In a regular class I'd agree completely. A polite and respectful environment is called for.

Now, if you are doing simulated self-defense scenarios, that may call for a different set of rules. Thugs don't talk nice. ...or respond well to polite talk designed not to offend their tender sensibilities.

look there is no doubt that we all talked trash at one point or another in our lives, whether it was in the class or the street is not the point of my opinion, here as with the other videos i posted on the combat Aikido, its not what they are teaching its how they are portraying their schools and themselves, would you want your children learning MAs from curse troopers such as these guys? maybe I'm just old fashioned like leave it to beaver or maybe the world is going to crap IDK, but you wont catch me F-ing this and F-ing that to anyone i don't know personally in a public environment.
i just think its unprofessional and uncalled for.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
look there is no doubt that we all talked trash at one point or another in our lives, whether it was in the class or the street is not the point of my opinion, here as with the other videos i posted on the combat Aikido, its not what they are teaching its how they are portraying their schools and themselves, would you want your children learning MAs from curse troopers such as these guys? maybe I'm just old fashioned like leave it to beaver or maybe the world is going to crap IDK, but you wont catch me F-ing this and F-ing that to anyone i don't know personally in a public environment.
i just think its unprofessional and uncalled for.

This is exactly why I disliked the mma gym my mother was taking my sister and her step siblings to. All of the teachers were practically covered head to toe in tattoos and every other word out of their mouth was Fvck or B!tch.

On top of that they didn't even learn any form of viable self defense and they were there for good few months. They also seemed to promote the kids unusually fast. The place was also always blarring with gangsta rap and hip hop with lyrics about shanking people and dealing drugs and getting all them bitches and making that money.

This would reflect in the kids as whenever they would talk to cousins of mine around their age the first few words from their mouth would be things like "don't Fvck with me, I'll beatchu up eh."

Hearing a 6 year old kid always talking and acting like a cholo is never a good thing. Way to perpetuate the stereo type that this how all mma gyms are. The sad thing is the owner seemed to be like a nice man but he wasn't their and didn't run it all himself.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is exactly why I disliked the mma gym my mother was taking my sister and her step siblings to. All of the teachers were practically covered head to toe in tattoos and every other word out of their mouth was Fvck or B!tch.

On top of that they didn't even learn any form of viable self defense and they were there for good few months. They also seemed to promote the kids unusually fast. The place was also always blarring with gangsta rap and hip hop with lyrics about shanking people and dealing drugs and getting all them bitches and making that money.

This would reflect in the kids as whenever they would talk to cousins of mine around their age the first few words from their mouth would be things like "don't Fvck with me, I'll beatchu up eh."

Hearing a 6 year old kid always talking and acting like a cholo is never a good thing. Way to perpetuate the stereo type that this how all mma gyms are. The sad thing is the owner seemed to be like a nice man but he wasn't their and didn't run it all himself.

Well mma technically isn't for self defence it's for the ring sure the stuff you learn will help defend yourself but mma main attention isn't fighting in the streets also mma doesn't have belts or promotions

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well mma technically isn't for self defence it's for the ring sure the stuff you learn will help defend yourself but mma main attention isn't fighting in the streets also mma doesn't have belts or promotions

So what does that tell us about this place?

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
...would you want your children learning MAs from curse troopers such as these guys? ...you wont catch me F-ing this and F-ing that to anyone i don't know personally in a public environment...

Children? Jeez, have you heard how most young people talk these days? My own little angel dropped out of college, moved back int her old room at home, and has a mouth that would make Halloway blush. My son is actually a little better. It's a crazy world, man.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But the arm breaking would be OK for the kiddies. Just not the poo words.

Latest Discussions