granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Amazing.
Not in a good way.
but Amazing.

Seems like hysteria at work.
Playing all scenarios through in my head, it does not seem practical (nor economical)
Duck and cover...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I agree I think they are stupid. And unless they train with them regularly they are pointless

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
but hey, I am sure they can hide a whole class behind a clip board...:lol:

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You're missing the entire point. The point is not to actually do something useful or to keep people safe. The point is to seem to be doing something so the politicians that instigated it can point out to their not very bright constituents that they've done something. It's all about the perception, not the reality.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're missing the entire point. The point is not to actually do something useful or to keep people safe. The point is to seem to be doing something so the politicians that instigated it can point out to their not very bright constituents that they've done something. It's all about the perception, not the reality.

Oh, I know.
Like I said, Duck and Cover.

The skinflint in me though shudders at the prospects of shelling out 60k for window dressing. At least where I am, schools don't have that kind of money.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's true. Just don't look at how much is being shelled out for TSA, another case of political window dressing. :)

Latest Discussions