I no longer care about Jeet Kune Do

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
which is why those that do sort themselves out tend to go for endurance rather than power sports, as the loss of muscle mass is less important and can even assist
i will refresh your memory. I sent you a link about bone density which you should read. Stop it please i feel embarassed for you.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i will refresh your memory. I sent you a link about bone density which you should read. Stop it please i feel embarassed for you.
im not disputing its benifits to bone density' ' it just im not all that intrested in disscussing it

but then running improves bone density, as does ball room dancing, it not the only way for old folk to improve it ,
damm now im discusing it!
what point are you actually disagreeing with?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well yea, you can hike acxross the artic ice cap if you want, just coz it accessible doesnt mean many people do it, certainly not old men,

now dont get me wrong, im a firm beliver, that 50 odd year okd could do it, that they can maibtain a very high level of fitness well into their 60s, just that the people who dothat are from observation of my contemporaries, a very small % of the whole, even more that once you have let yourself go, its difficult in the extreme to get it back again, your likely to have lost 20lbs of muscle mass by the time your in your 50s if youve been compartaivly sedimentary for the 20 years or so, just putting on that level of muscle mass can be taxibg in the extreme and take an excesivly long time in your 50s

which is why those that do sort themselves out tend to go for endurance rather than power sports, as the loss of muscle mass is less important and can even assist

An obstacle course for an over 50 is a lot more accessible than hiking an ice cap. Because the opportunity is a lot more available.

This is literally the sort of thing you can enter and do over a weekend.

And they have created a division for 50 plus so old people are obviously doing it.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
An obstacle course for an over 50 is a lot more accessible than hiking an ice cap. Because the opportunity is a lot more available.

This is literally the sort of thing you can enter and do over a weekend.

And they have created a division for 50 plus so old people are obviously doing it.
its several thousand miles in circumference,, you cant get more available than that if like 80% of the world population you live north of the equator, i could be there in 4 hours,

how many old people are doing it exactly,? 10, 100, 1000?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
its several thousand miles in circumference,, you cant get more available than that if like 80% of the world population you live north of the equator, i could be there in 4 hours,

You can get more available because you can do a spartan obstacle course south of the equator as well as north and you don't have to fly 4 hours to access one.

The majority of old people can do it.

For example we don't have figures on how many over 50s play soccer. Doesn't make that a 1% activity.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure I can't get to the arctic ice cap in 4 hours. Maybe 4 hours of flight time, but I don't own a private jet, so it'd take quite a bit more than 4 hours.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I can't get to the arctic ice cap in 4 hours. Maybe 4 hours of flight time, but I don't own a private jet, so it'd take quite a bit more than 4 hours.
but i didnt say you could did i, i didnt mention you at all

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You can get more available because you can do a spartan obstacle course south of the equator as well as north and you don't have to fly 4 hours to access one.

The majority of old people can do it.

For example we don't have figures on how many over 50s play soccer. Doesn't make that a 1% activity.
if you dont have figures, it makes it a no % activity. we have one over 50s team in the whole city, i doubt its a 0.1 % activerty

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
if you dont have figures, it makes it a no % activity. we have one over 50s team in the whole city, i doubt its a 0.1 % activerty
in the whole of Manchester? you know every Gym & Tough Mudders in the whole city & sourrounding areas?
I know Germans who do do it & are even trained by a Brit here. You use excuses because you really are an Arm chair warrior (your post)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
in the whole of Manchester? you know every Gym & Tough Mudders in the whole city & sourrounding areas?
I know Germans who do do it & are even trained by a Brit here. You use excuses because you really are an Arm chair warrior (your post)
i dont live in manchester and we were talkibg about football and i play football with 18 year olds coz,,

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i dont live in manchester and we were talkibg about football
your profile says Manchester i met a few of your people , scousers , Geordies they amalgimated the RRF Royal regiment of fusiliers together. lot of Mancs in there. Scousers were mainly Kings regt. I know you ..haha

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
your profile says Manchester i met a few of your people , scousers , Geordies they amalgimated the RRF Royal regiment of fusiliers together. lot of Mancs in there. Scousers were mainly Kings regt. I know you ..haha
thats greater Manchester, i live next door to the city of manchester in a city that isnt manchester

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The 2nd
Battalion was in Celle Germany i knew a few of them including a guy who used to spar & box with the Ex Boxer nigel Benn. he was a Fusilier.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So how many over 50s play soccer? How many play bingo?

Without the figures it appears that over 50s don't do anything.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So how many over 50s play soccer? How many play bingo?

Without the figures it appears that over 50s don't do anything.
well they do something, i can accuratly predict that if they are alive they are dong something, even if its sitting there watching tv

if you want to make more specific claims than that you need figures or your just making things up

Latest Discussions