I need advice from this community..again

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well i found myself opened a lot of threads! Eeverytime i have some problems, and my master can't help me, i a open a thread here and ask people. Because this is great community with great people! Anyway, hope my number of threads doesn't bother anyone.

And to topic, why do i need help?

Well i train now Taekwondo two times a week, and Hapkido two times a week. Before bb i trained more, now i train like this.

I think Taekwondo anh Hapkido are styles which go perfect together!

Now...Krav Maga school opened in my town. Training is only once a week, at friday, just when i don't train. That one training is three hours length.

I want to try Krav for a long time, but also i don't want to dismiss any Hapkido or Taekwondo (especially now, i just earned bb).

Will it be to much or bad in anyway to train three, three styles??

I don't want to waterdown any of them, but in friday anyway i have free time.

And i believe, same Taekwondo go great with Hapkido, Krav Maga goes with Hapkido.

What do you think of all this, would you try it if you were on my place? Can a man practice three styles, and do it good? Next year i go to the college, then i probably wan't have time to train five times a week, but now i can, especially since i lost my job and can't find a new one, so why not?

btw here is one video of Krav Maga, and these guys do all the stuff i saw in Tkd or Hkd, just litlle more realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it and have the time -- why not give it a shot? You're a black belt in at least one of the arts you study, based on your comments, and they're very reciprocal arts. Krav Maga is probably going to be rather different, and a new experience for you.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you just lost your job, will you be able to afford it? Do you need to go find a new job?
Other, just go train.

AoG

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think we martial artist tend to take ourselves too seriously sometimes.
Are 3 styles too much? Maybe, but you obviously enjoy the training so do it.
BTW, don't "chain " yourself to the styles you have BB in. BB is an achievment to be sure, but I've seen a lot of people hold on to a style long after they lost interest in it simply because they had put so much time into it, when, it would probably have been in their best interest to move on.
Your time spent getting to BB is not wasted. The fitness, coordination, flexibility, knowledge of power generation, etc. will only serve to enhance whatever new art you go into.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you can handle it why not. Time, energy and the mental following...
Knock yourself out! :)

j

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'll echo what the others have said. Just train in what you enjoy. All MA's can be blended to your benefit.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Absolutely go for it if you have the mental, temporal and financial resources. If not, consider dropping one of your TKD or HKD classes at least temporarily. Just after bb is some of the best time for cross-training.

Kyosanim

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well i found myself opened a lot of threads! Eeverytime i have some problems, and my master can't help me, i a open a thread here and ask people. Because this is great community with great people! Anyway, hope my number of threads doesn't bother anyone.

And to topic, why do i need help?

Well i train now Taekwondo two times a week, and Hapkido two times a week. Before bb i trained more, now i train like this.

I think Taekwondo anh Hapkido are styles which go perfect together!

Now...Krav Maga school opened in my town. Training is only once a week, at friday, just when i don't train. That one training is three hours length.

I want to try Krav for a long time, but also i don't want to dismiss any Hapkido or Taekwondo (especially now, i just earned bb).

Will it be to much or bad in anyway to train three, three styles??

I don't want to waterdown any of them, but in friday anyway i have free time.

And i believe, same Taekwondo go great with Hapkido, Krav Maga goes with Hapkido.

What do you think of all this, would you try it if you were on my place? Can a man practice three styles, and do it good? Next year i go to the college, then i probably wan't have time to train five times a week, but now i can, especially since i lost my job and can't find a new one, so why not?

btw here is one video of Krav Maga, and these guys do all the stuff i saw in Tkd or Hkd, just litlle more realistic.

I say go for it. Learn what you can while you can. Never know when that one move you don't know might be the one you need.

Last edited by a moderator:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well TL if it is what you want, then do it and remember learn everything you can. The only limits is the ones we make.

Latest Discussions