I lucked out and passed my Purple belt

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Crazy enough, I lucked out and passed my purple belt test in Tae Kwon Do. I thought about it and at one time I thought "I should put this on the back burner." However, with encouragement I was discouraged from such a thing. I was very happy. I am happy, however....is it just me or since I am an instructor I really only want the success of my students. Yes I am happy to continue ranking in Hapkido and Tae Kwon Do however, I am more worried about how my Judo students do in their endeavor.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nothing odd at all about wanting your students to succeed, Matt. I feel the same way about the folks that honor me by coming to class every Sunday. It is a testament to your true humility that you are more concerned with the progress of your students than yourself. You never cease to impress me, my friend.

Congratulations on your purple belt. I know that, given who your instructors are, there was very little luck and quite a bit of skill involved.

Semper Fi.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, I seriously doubt luck was involved in your passing - hard work and discipline, I have no doubt about, however. And of course, and good instructor such as yourself would more concerned about your students than yourself.

Congratulations!

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Matt, can't improve on what the fine folks above have said, so will just say Congratulations, and none of us ever had any doubts. Your students are very, very fortunate to have you. :asian:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, I seriously doubt luck was involved in your passing - hard work and discipline, I have no doubt about, however. And of course, and good instructor such as yourself would more concerned about your students than yourself.

Congratulations!

That was my first thought too. I have no doubt you earned it. Congratulations. :asian:

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

Congratulations!

That was my first thought too. I have no doubt you earned it. Congratulations. :asian:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
What they said.

Congratulations, sir!!!!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Good Teacher never lies to the Students, they can trust their Teacher to teach them the right way. This is a big responsibility, so, many people don't aspire to be an Instructor. They wish to be care free. But some have to, of course, so I am glad that you are one to care about teaching your students the right way, so they will know.

Regarding passing the TKD testings, I always say, "Force it". TKD may be the only area in my life where I can appreciate the "force it" idea, because it tends to work, at least from what I can see. Good, bad, or ugly, in the TKD tests, we can really just "execute". The time for practice is over, just execute. Like in life, its not always perfect. Haha -- like self-defense! Sometimes things don't have to be perfect, haha!

Again, a Good Teacher does not lead the Students wrongly. If the Teacher says that you passed, that should be trusted, right? Its their decision, you can trust them. No double thinking, now, I would say.

High Regards!

Robert

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry Matt, have to ask but only because I am confused.

Instructor = purple belt = instructor

So my question is, is a purple belt above or below a black belt?

I'm not trying to nit pick and I do know that your TKD is not the same as my TKD so I'm just trying to get a little clarification.

BTW, congratulation. I am proud of you bro. Semper Fi.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I was a bit confused when I saw the title of the thread though because over here when we say we're lucked out it means we've had bad luck! Well done though!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
WAY TO GO!

But it wasn't luck that got you where you're at if you honestly worked hard at obtaining the belt.

igillman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That's good news!!! Luck had nothing to do with it. You had the skills to pass and you showed it to the judges.

Latest Discussions