I just realized something about "My" 24 form (aka Beijing form)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Since I stopped doing the traditional Yang Long form...or any other traditional Yang form for that matter...I started working on the first taijiquan I ever learned, 24 form. Of course what I do now does not look the same as what I originally learned, and I only have over 20 years of traditional Yang to blame for that :)

But today I was doing the form and I realized something, I have added 2 forms...so I am not doing 24 form, I am doing 26 form, I have added

• Kao - Shoulder strike
  • White Snake Spits out Tongue

They just showed up and they seem to fit where they showed up so I think I will keep doing them

Kao showed up between Parting the Horse’s Mane and White Crane Spreading Its Wings

And White Snake Spits out Tongue showed up between high pat on Horse’s back and the Right Heel Kick

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So, like, are you the Grandmaster of this new 26 form? :D

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Grand imperial all-mighty omnipotent grandmaster :D
BTW, out on the YT I saw a clip of one of the masters who compiled the 48 posture form. Earl Montaigue was there. One of his trips to the mainland. So they filmed it and Earl asked him a few questions. The old gentleman performed it with a real authority, as would be expected of one of the designers. Maybe that could be your next creative project. Add a few cool moves to the 48. If the Tai Chi spirit moves you, of course.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I smell a very lucrative future. A phone call to the Soke Council and petition for membership seems in order.

Because Nothing screams "I am an ignoramus" quite like slapping a Japanese term onto the founder of a Chinese-based art.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I smell a very lucrative future. A phone call to the Soke Council and petition for membership seems in order.

Because Nothing screams "I am an ignoramus" quite like slapping a Japanese term onto the founder of a Chinese-based art.

Well then.... I now feel emboldend to go forth with my new style name.....Beijing-Èrshíliù-Itsu-Do-Quan

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
BTW, out on the YT I saw a clip of one of the masters who compiled the 48 posture form. Earl Montaigue was there. One of his trips to the mainland. So they filmed it and Earl asked him a few questions. The old gentleman performed it with a real authority, as would be expected of one of the designers. Maybe that could be your next creative project. Add a few cool moves to the 48. If the Tai Chi spirit moves you, of course.

I thought about that....but sadly....Erle is no longer with us to ask me questions

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Where does it stand in relation to Xue-Fu?

basically it pales by comparison...I mean it is basically taijiquan after all...although it is far superior to every other taiji style on the planet....but nothing can compare to the deadly undefeatable awesomeness that is Xue-fu.... Besides...not everyone is WORTHY to learn Xue fu...and the unworthy have money to spend to you know ;)

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now you need to reduce it to a symbol, so you can be known as "the martial artist formerly known as Grand Imperial All-mighty Omnipotent Grandmaster Xue Sheng."