I didn't know they fought like this

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So I came across this today. Take down defense, Sprawl, take down attempt, recover, ducks. jabs and haymakers. Pretty much blew away my assumption that they just club and bite you to death.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder what their training lineage is? ;)

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wonder what their training lineage is? ;)
Lineage: Mother Nature. I heard she could be a real *itch at times especially during the summer and winter training months. She's always trying to get people to come out to her place in the summer and forces students to take a break in the winter.

BJJ has "T-Tex arms." My stance for defending against take downs will now be Gorilla Legs.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
my favorite part is the comments from the people filming it.
"oh no..no..no.. where is the zoo keeper."
"oh come on....your not going to put a zoo keeper in there to stop them right now"
"well you would think ,,they would.. like...spray 'em or something"
o_O:facepalm:

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"oh come on....your not going to put a zoo keeper in there to stop them right now"
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what spray they were thinking; water like people use to get cats off the furniture, or mace?

Good luck to the zoo keeper. Either way, physically breaking it up or spraying them.

Idiots.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
The zoo keeper would probably get a brilliant opportunity to work on his takedown defence though.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lol.. That would be "icing on the cake" to see the expression on a zoo keeper's face when his or her boss tells them to "Break up a Gorilla fight.". " Hey Matt go break up that Gorilla fight. lol.

Videos shows 2 things. Gorillas know how to jab and Some humans are so out of touch with nature. Lol

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what spray they were thinking; water like people use to get cats off the furniture, or mace?

Good luck to the zoo keeper. Either way, physically breaking it up or spraying them.

Idiots.
After seeing the jabs. I can see one of the gorillas being able to wipe their face and beat down the human who sprayed them

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If this video goes viral, I anticipate “Silverback Gorilla Style” Kung-Fu schools opening everywhere. If monkey and drunken monkey are a thing, how come Silverback isn’t?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After seeing the jabs. I can see one of the gorillas being able to wipe their face and beat down the human who sprayed them
And then shove the spray bottle up the guy’s rear-end once they’re done clubbing him with his own arm.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought for sure he was going to sink the guillotine choke at about 0:39.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they put two silverbacks in the same enclosure. That seems like just asking for a conflict.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They probably would spray them with pepper water. That's what they do with big cats like lions and tigers to keep them from fighting.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If this video goes viral, I anticipate “Silverback Gorilla Style” Kung-Fu schools opening everywhere. If monkey and drunken monkey are a thing, how come Silverback isn’t?
Because the guy watching didn't live to tell the secrets of Siverback fighting style.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t understand why they put two silverbacks in the same enclosure. That seems like just asking for a conflict.
Yeah, it’s been a while, but I just saw this and had to comment...

I’ve seen Silverbacks at a couple different zoos. They’ve had multiple silverbacks in the same space at all of them. I’m guessing they’re not solitary animals.

Latest Discussions