I Can't Believe I Did That!!

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure that one out either. C'mon man, what'd she think it was?

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obviously, she thought he said, 'So loud a shrew!'

I'd be upset, too.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was asking myself that same question. Unless what she said isn't what he thought...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Unless...in the noise, the lady didn't get the tonality of the comment and misinterpreted it as total sarcasm, instead of an honest prop.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
swiftpete said:
I've been trying to work out what it was that she thought you said. What does 'I'm proud of you' sound like thats offensive then? What did everyone think you said?

Gemini said:
I haven't been able to figure that one out either. C'mon man, what'd she think it was?

OnlyAnEgg said:
Obviously, she thought he said, 'So loud a shrew!'

I'd be upset, too.

crushing said:
Or, "I'm proud, F.U."

tkdgirl said:
I was asking myself that same question. Unless what she said isn't what he thought...

Well those nearby thought I said, "Are you a Prostitute?" :( Like I said I felt so bad, I wanted to leave.

ChrisWTK

Green Belt
Reaction score
During my blue belt test I did the kata too fast and the Sensei said that my kata was like a 'run-on sentence.' Yeah, I don't think I'll being doing a kata fast anymore.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
This wasnt actually me, but it was so funny I had to share

this happened on friday

to make a long story short, I hurt my hand, and the instructor offered to hold the kicking pads for my partner. He (the instructor) was eating a banana at the time. I said to my partner, I'll kick first so he can finish eating.
and the instructor said,

"Or, you wanna hold my banana?"

We couldnt stop laughing for probably ten minutes. Poor sensei!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A long time ago, during a kobudo class, one of my instructors was constantly hollering at us, to keep the minds focused on the task at hand. No distractions should ever be present, and that anything that's not part of the training should be ignored.

I was partnered up with her for some shinai to shinai drills, working at a brisk pace. At one point, though, a live cricket somehow hopped into the lapel of her uniform during the drills, and she immediately tried to get the insect out of her gi top... right as my shinai came crashing down on her shoulder.

The chief instructor (who was in the office at the time) had noticed that there was an interruption in the usual "bap, bap, bap, bap, bap" pattern of hitting noises, since the "bap, bap, THWACK! OWWWWWW!" sequence was rather noticeable to everyone.

When he yelled "YAME!" from the office, the whole dojo went dead silent. Everyone was looking at her and me, and that was one of the times when I wished I could turn invisible, especially when he came onto the floor, and looked towards the direction where everyone was staring.

No malice intended, and things went on as usual. However, a couple of days later, when I went to the rec center for a quick workout, I saw my instructor there. She had on a tank top, and I could see a very large bruise on her shoulder. At that point, I asked her "I did that?" and she smiled and said in a friendly tone "Yup! Not your fault at all." No hard feelings between the two of us, of course.

Unfortunately, one of my (former) friends had seen the bruise, and only heard me saying "I did that?" and came to the conclusion that I was her abusive boyfriend. When this character reported me to Student Affairs for being a "potential domestic partner abuser," it took several days to straighten out this mess.

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's the worst tagline of any story ever! I can see why that's a former friend, though.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
This just happened recently between me and my instructor. We were working on throws, and one of them you had to do a palm strike near their shoulder. I wasn't doing it quite right, and was told to not be afraid to hit a bit harder than I was. He was trying to convince me to hit harder, and I did- a little TOO hard. He had a bad shoulder anyways, and I admit I should've used more control. The thing of it was, though- you know when you're a kid just learning to hit some ball for a sport, and they say "imagine the person you dislike the most"? Well, I kind of did that, and now I realise I chose the wrong "person"- yes there's an extreme neg. feeling I have for the person that I "switched heads" with. I felt awful after that one!!!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Well those nearby thought I said, "Are you a Prostitute?" :( Like I said I felt so bad, I wanted to leave.

Oh man!!! Talk about BAD!!!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember doing a double front kick to a hanging bag and having the foot from my first kick "stick" to the bag causing me to fly backwards and flat on my back. I remember hoping my instructor didn't see that and then I heard it...the quiet somewhat stiffled chuckle coming from the corner of the mat that I new he was standing at. :eek:

thescottishdude

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I forgot I was having a grading this week and I thought the instructer was punishing me by making me stand infornt of everyone and do the moves he commanded. I did them all half-assed. very embarrasing whern I foudn out the trusth.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:

I know how you feel. If I was the lady that misunderstood you though, I would've asked you to repeat yourself. Too often things don't come out sounding right, or I misinterpreted something.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was teaching outer winding throw to a youth judo class once. I had shown them several different ways they were doing it wrong, foot placement etc. So I announce they should pay attention, I was going to show the correct way. Well, not only did I do it wrong, I lost my footing and fell instead of throwing my partner.

CTKempo Todd

Green Belt
Reaction score
OK you ready.....

Green belt:
My Instructor left me alone at the school for a little while and I was working with a white belt..
Mr show-off here (me) takes a Bo staff and starts my whirlwind flowering technique and I lose the Bo and it goes flying into a mirror and CRASH..
I still see it happening in slo-motion and couldn't image the look on my face..

Black belt..
Teaching a class talking about footwork and demonstrating something..one foot steps on the other and down I go...The point is, I was NOT demonstrating foot stepping on foot technique..

Doing quick horse stances with the kids and I rip my pants..Did not skip a beat, no one noticed and I taught the rest of the class from the back..

LOL..Those days were fun..ah to be young and stupid and ego-full..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Split my Gi bottoms during a belt exam..Embarrassing and drafty

Latest Discussions