humble karate student :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome. Often, as they say, things are better second time round and that's what I found after taking a break in my karate training many years back. Good luck with your training and sit back and enjoy MT.

(Come to think of it, the same could be said of marriage.:D)

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. Often, as they say, things are better second time round and that's what I found after taking a break in my karate training many years back. Good luck with your training and sit back and enjoy MT.

(Come to think of it, the same could be said of marriage.:D)
Haha! Thanku! I haven't any experience in marriages but that's a good metaphor! XD I actually was doing v well the first time and never wanted to quit, I was enjoying the training and loving it the first time, but the ppl in the dojo seriously scared me... They don't smile, joke or laugh much and because I got punched in class so soon after being punched on the street, the trauma didn't go away for at least 2 years. I got counselling and healed before coming back. But this dojo is v different and I love and respect the ppl there. Which I reckon will make a huge difference. :)

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Always nice to see a fellow karateka
emoticons_deporte_msnanimal_com-43.gif

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome back to the martial arts and your user name is the best attitude to have. Be forever a student.
Sorry you had such a traumatic experience on your first sojourn in to the martial arts. Most unfortunate; there are always those wanting to prove themselves or so full of themselves they cause pain and suffering for the others. However, for the most part the martial arts are filled with good people just wanting to learn and have fun. Glad you have decided to return and continue your journey. This forum is an excellent place for information and camaraderie. All the best.

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome back to the martial arts and your user name is the best attitude to have. Be forever a student.
Sorry you had such a traumatic experience on your first sojourn in to the martial arts. Most unfortunate; there are always those wanting to prove themselves or so full of themselves they cause pain and suffering for the others. However, for the most part the martial arts are filled with good people just wanting to learn and have fun. Glad you have decided to return and continue your journey. This forum is an excellent place for information and camaraderie. All the best.
oh thank you for your positive energies danny! and thanks for the encouragement and liking my user name! i think someone said that even if ur a black belt, with all the practice, your belt will loose its colour eventually and show white bits, which symbolizes always learning always being humble. i really liked that saying and i just want to take my time and enjoy it along the way. def agree about people who are full of ego at the expense of others.. but then again the good people like you said makes it all better. :shamefullyembarrased:

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that feeling! I forget terms when I got started.. and got them mixed up occasionally mostly stances and strike terms, ex. Id often get the terms shikodachi and zenkutsudachi (id be that person standing there trying to figure out which is which:facepalm:)

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know that feeling! I forget terms when I got started.. and got them mixed up occasionally mostly stances and strike terms, ex. Id often get the terms shikodachi and zenkutsudachi (id be that person standing there trying to figure out which is which:facepalm:)
o lordy.. haha i havent even started memorising the terms! :nailbiting: at the moment i'm still getting my arms tied in knots when doing certain blocks! :clown: i hope to be slightly less hopeless every lesson hahaha!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Looking forward to you input. Nice that you have returned to MA. I hope you don't run in to any strange students like at you last dojo. If you should, I suspect two things might be a better response. Talk to your teacher to report that or to find out if that is normal behavior at your new dojo. Also, learn to block better unless the other student's skills are too great. Again, talk to your teacher with the idea of improving your own skills, rather than just giving up.

Hope you Lupus is beaten. I don't know too much about it, but I understand it can be beaten, or at least mitigated.

Again, welcome.

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Looking forward to you input. Nice that you have returned to MA. I hope you don't run in to any strange students like at you last dojo. If you should, I suspect two things might be a better response. Talk to your teacher to report that or to find out if that is normal behavior at your new dojo. Also, learn to block better unless the other student's skills are too great. Again, talk to your teacher with the idea of improving your own skills, rather than just giving up.

Hope you Lupus is beaten. I don't know too much about it, but I understand it can be beaten, or at least mitigated.

Again, welcome.
thanks! yeah i talked to the staff members, they put the membership on hold, but its not really that. i didn't really know how to block because it was about the 4th class i had, and not sure if i mentioned it but i got punched on the street and that was the reason why i wanted to take up karate. but i got punched about a month before taking up karate, and the trauma was still with me, and being punched in a place i thought was safe reactivated the trauma and i dont know what you know of PTSD but you can't just "get over it" i certain don't consider that i quit.
as for lupus i manage it well, but sometimes it does win, i just win more. :)

Latest Discussions