humble karate student :)

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just started karate for the second time in my life and I'm loving it, the friendliness, great sense of humour and feelings of comfort in my new dojo. The last time I started karate was because I got punched on the street for no reason by a random person and I wanted to learn self defense, but ironically got punched hard by a guy who went aggro on me because I didn't punch him hard enough during sparring. I left traumatised and couldn't bring myself to look for another dojo untill now, 5 years later. Now my interest and love of karate has been renewed and my faith in it restored :D

I used to teach yoga, and the philosophies of yoga (raja) so I love that side of martial arts too. I love the spiritual aspects and the deep discipline that spills beautifully over into all aspects of my life and keeps me humble and thankful of my every breath...

I am a masters student at university, and I have systemic lupus erythematosus, an autoimmune disease that causes fatigue, joint pain, organ failure and a whole range of things, but I'm gonna kick its ***!! :D

I love music, animals, genuine straightforward people who's not afraid to show emotions but also not afraid to let go too. I also looove anime, especially the ones with a good battle ie claymore, bleach, blood+ etc. I love pets an animals, cooking, dancing and I used to sing professionally.

Thanks for reading and letting me share this with you! ^_~

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
hello! welcome to MT :)
that's a weird guy... and and a weird reason to go all angryo_O if he wants people to punch him so badly i dont mind "helping" though :blackeye::D
good to hear, karate is fun i like karate kata, arm and leg conditioning, weapons, weapon sparring... especially the weapons!
keep on training! don't give up!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. I hope you enjoy your discussions on many topics with those that are here.
It is nice to hear you have given the martial arts a 2nd chance I hope your studies are going well.

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hello! welcome to MT :)
that's a weird guy... and and a weird reason to go all angryo_O if he wants people to punch him so badly i dont mind "helping" though :blackeye::D
good to hear, karate is fun i like karate kata, arm and leg conditioning, weapons, weapon sparring... especially the weapons!
keep on training! don't give up!
ah hahaaaha! xD i wish i had a helper at the time lol and i have only had 1 go at doing the katas but i really love it! i watched a few from the world karate federation and really love it! im not sure if my dojo uses sparring, maybe only for the black belts. i've only been there for 2 months so not sure about that one, i did see one of the sensei use a stick tho! i hope i wont give up!

OP
whitebeltforever

whitebeltforever

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Do you still do yoga?
thanks! yeah i still do yoga, but not as much as i used to, i used to practice yoga, meditation and pranayama (breath works) for at least 3 hours per day. :D at the moment my personal practice in yoga needs work..