Humans glow more proof of an Aura?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually humans emit heat...which is visible through scopes...not "light" per se.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually humans emit heat...which is visible through scopes...not "light" per se.

Light and heat are very difficult to separate (in terms of physics) Prolly better to say the light associated with body heat is not light that is in the visible spectrum.

Sorry, but the whole premise of this story seems a bit pedestrian. Why would it be surprising that living organisms produce minute amounts of light in the visible spectrum as a biproduct of metabolic processes? We already know that humans and other warm blooded animals produce body heat and radiate significant amounts of infrared light which can easily be observed with an infrared scope, night vision goggles, etc. And what any of this has to do with supposed psychic auras is beyond me. Sheeee! ...or should I say Chi!

Because folk tales about the ethereal expressed as kitsunebi (will o' the wisp, bioluminescence) are about as old as time.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what kinds of light emissions are present from people of a MA background. Can the extension of "Chi" can now be measured?

Nelson

Excellent notion! Bob, maybe you can extend your MA photography practice to include the photographing of Chi!

nelsonkari

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dear Gbug2,

I got the impression that you think that the subject is a joke by your response. It's not. The extension of "chi" or whatever you wish to call it is a reality. I have seen and experienced first hand the results of the extension of chi in open hand strikes. Science is playing "catch up" to what has been known and practiced for centuries all over the world in different cultures.

Nelson Kari

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I can believe in bioluminescence. Seems natural enough. How about all the many creatures that glow like glowworms, fireflies or those fish that live at the bottom of the ocean. They visibly glow.
A cats eye can capture enough tiny amounts of light and somehow use it so effeciently to see in near darkness.
I do remember someone once saying that the eye functions by light so that principles of light must be present within the eye.

I do also believe in auras. Not spacey invisible useless auras, but i believe every person has a natural emmanation. I do not believe this has been discovered yet. I think that part of it definately has to do with simple things like heat, vibrations and waves, but other aspects i believe are not yet detectable.

I myself, did not always believe in auras or even think about the matter. But certain experiences have lead me to believe. I can come up with no other logical explaination for the phenomena i have witnessed, other than describing it as a kind of emmanation. I believe there are internal as well as external aspects, psychological functions supplemented with what appears to be a natural type of psychism or higher forms of awareness, common to all people. That is, it is a type of essentic type of communication. It is like if you talk to someone that stinks or smells great. All communication aside, the odour that makes its way into our conciousness via the olfactory sense, can even override other types communication. Likewise, there are aspects of others, that we can hardly sense through the known senses. This would an attempt at describing the interpretation or reception of impulses.
The other side of the coin would be the truly 'auric' aspect because it deals not with the sensing and reception but the emmanation or sending out of impulses. Granted, for all physical motions, there are spiritual causes as well as effects. So also with all human interaction and communication, for anything that we deal with using our wake state known as conciousness, there is interpretation.

So, how to control ones own actions to the point of control those of others? I believe the answer is stillness, heart and awareness- also a sense of confidence culminating in dissolution of self as well as a powerful sense of higher responsiblity. Possibly one could say it is the discovery or recovery of a type of absolute truth. For example, this is what i believe. You may see it as green or blue or white, i cannot tell you what you are seeing, i can only know my own perceptions- likewise, i cannot tell you that what you are seeing is wrong- and if i did, why would i? better yet, what would be the point? Even more importantly, there are a host of points that may seem to be besides the point, but there it is that you must first find the point. The point is equality, respect...things like love and benevolence. Anything else is not just besides the point, it is clearly not pure love and benevolence. So it can be described as rampant energy, pain ,mischanelled aggression/hatred/fear ,pains of the burdens of ignorance as well as unawareness of love.

But how to truly make the aura stronger? I believe, there are ways. Things like yoga, martial arts- will have great effect on the body. There are energy pathways within the body. If you know well how to connect the right wires and cut the superfluous ones, then the energy can be amplified and chanelled. Fact is, the energies of sun and moon, dragon and tiger, are present in the body, and no thing can any man do without accessing these powers, not even lift a glass. But in every glance, in every reach and in every charging and release of energy, we are emitting more than we can detect using standard senses or current scientific methods. I do however think that if the correct experiments were to be performed, one could discover more on this....

Did you hear that lefthanders have quicker reations than righthanders?...bizzare. This may be old news, even corrected by now??. But i read about it in an article relating to tennis and fencing. Just today actually...made me wonder about the neural pathways and all.

imposing ones beliefs on others is probably also not the way to go, but there is a time and place for all sharing and discussing of various subject matter. Of course there is a high invisibility factor on something as the aura itself. One should focus on the functions of the aura and observe its effects as objectively as possible.
Life itself

j

j

Last edited:

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can believe in bioluminescence. Seems natural enough. How about all the many creatures that glow like glowworms, fireflies or those fish that live at the bottom of the ocean. They visibly glow.
A cats eye can capture enough tiny amounts of light and somehow use it so effeciently to see in near darkness.
I do remember someone once saying that the eye functions by light so that principles of light must be present within the eye.

bioluminescence is different, creatures that glow do so because they have glands to do so.

Eyes function by light inasmuch as the retina can translate what we call light into electrical impulses. A cat's eye is just more efficient at it than ours.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Amazing Randi has had a gander at the old aura readers........

Last edited by a moderator:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dear Gbug2,

I got the impression that you think that the subject is a joke by your response. It's not. The extension of "chi" or whatever you wish to call it is a reality. I have seen and experienced first hand the results of the extension of chi in open hand strikes. Science is playing "catch up" to what has been known and practiced for centuries all over the world in different cultures.

Nelson Kari
Once they stop actually touching people, stuff stops happening. It's all biomechanics.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Once they stop actually touching people, stuff stops happening. It's all biomechanics.

Is intimidation perse something biomechanical too? How does the biomechanics you mention above differ from regular mechanics??

j

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is intimidation perse something biomechanical too? How does the biomechanics you mention above differ from regular mechanics??

j
Intimidation's not a question of shooting mystical rays out at someone else. It's one of perception. No touch KO's are a form of stage hypnosis for example.

Biomechanics and regular mechanics... Biomechanics is more directly descriptive. Knowing how to move your body just so, how it'll impact the opposing body for maximum effect etc.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Biomechanics generally refers to the mechanics of the body. What does intimidation have to do with it?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Biomechanics generally refers to the mechanics of the body. What does intimidation have to do with it?
Nothing really. When you're talking about extending an aura in MA applications, it falls under one of two things from what I've seen though.

Either you're making contact with another body in some way that adversely effects the function of the opposing body. Some will attribute boimechanical reactions as being extensions of an aura.

Or...

You're talking about things like going up against someone who can just look at you, and you lose all will to fight, or you can't move, you feel slower than you think you should etc. You can call that an effect of ki, an aura etc, but it all boils down to perception. Intimidation falls under this category.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is slightly more technical than what i know of about the subject, but interesting nevertheless.... hope it's alright to post the link-else i could copy and paste the whole article-?

http://www.energeticfitness.net/hef_study_article.htm

of course, when speaking of powers and forces, the force of magnetism is not to be left out. light and particles the same are all just forms of energy. I'm not sure where exactly the bridge between light and matter lies, but it stands to reason that there must be connections at some point.

I have heard that current technology is starting to move away from electronics and more towards protonics and photon technology.

Aura can also imply a state of mind and or body. So obviously mind can affect mind as body can affect body. Likewise, living bodies too are guided by their respective conciousness.

So in the case of aura being a state of mind, all possible states of mind need to be understood or examined. As in martial arts we can see also that the body and the mastery thereof, in itself can in turn, affect the mind as well. That is why there are things like taichi, yoga, exercise.
In this way, man himself grabs ahold of the reigns of nature and becomes the medium between the powers of heaven and earth. This is not the case with forced onesided labour, bad habits or the lives of animals, although animals can often have better instincts/divine favour than man , and mans arts can be faulty.

j

j

Latest Discussions