Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flair and the Horsemen... now those were experts. :)

Man, I miss the 80's NWA.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I'm not much of a wrestling fan, never watch it. Here's my experience with Terry "Hogan". He is a darned nice man. Several years ago, I was working the Ren Fest in Largo, FL. I was working a beer cart. Terry was there with his two small children, walking them around. Directly across from my cart was the ring the bell with a hammer contraption. As he walked by us, the wisp of a girl working the thing goaded "Hulk" into doing it. With all the racket she was making, he couldn't say no, she drew a huge crowd. While he wasn't looking, she tightened it all the way down. The next thing you know, he punds the thing and gets it no higher than something like fish wife. He hits it four or five times with no better luck. Finally as he has his back turned to ham it to the crowd, she loosens the thing all the way up, walks over to him, takes the hammer away and pushes him out of the way. She then very loudly calls him a wuss. She swung the hammer with one hand and rang the bell, she switched and did it left handed, again ringing the bell. You should have seen the look on his face!:rofl: He handled it with style. He looked at her and said "Little Lady, I have been well and truly had!" He picked her up, kissed her on the cheek, hugged her and tipped her 20 bucks. As he was walking away, I heard his daughter say, "Daddy, that lady is stronger than you are!"

P

Pyrael

all i want to say is that he should shave his head cuz that mullet thing is not going to well

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

I'm not much of a wrestling fan, never watch it. Here's my experience with Terry "Hogan". He is a darned nice man...He looked at her and said "Little Lady, I have been well and truly had!" He picked her up, kissed her on the cheek, hugged her and tipped her 20 bucks. As he was walking away, I heard his daughter say, "Daddy, that lady is stronger than you are!"

Thanks for the story. That was cool. I go to at least one renaissance festival in Texas every year. They are the best.

I didn't realize it until years later because I never watch 'rasslin either, but he was in RockyIII and he is twice the size of Stallone!

Amazing. By the way, IMDB.com says
Birth name
Terry Gene Bollea
Date of birth (location)
11 August 1953,
Augusta, Georgia, USA

so he is 49 this year.

E

Eraser

Cdhall.....

The movie you are thinking about with Hogan and Stallone isn't a Rocky one.. that was Dolph Lungdren!!(my personal fave Rocky of all)
Hogan and Stallone co-starred in the movie, Over the top... its a movie about arm-wrestling...(go figure)

As for Hogan's fate in the new WWE... he should hang it up... he's not as popular as he once was.. now don't get me wrong..when I was a kid.. he ruled... I remember going to events and feeling the floor shake when he made his entrance to the ring.. THat was crowd appeal.. He's just gotta realize that his reign is over.. and now its the ROCK's turn.

Nuff said...:soapbox:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope, The Huckster was in Rocky 3. At the very beginning, he was "ThunderLips". Its been a while, but I believe it was an exhibition match between the 2 'champs'.

Was one of the few times I cheered for him. :D

E

Eraser

Howdy..

Is Rocky 3 not the one with the Russian guy.. played by Dolph Lundgren??????? if so... i will have to re-rent it to spot the Hulkster... if not.. then it's Rocky 4 that im confusing it with... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

E

Eraser

Ok...

I will admit defeat...... yes Hulkster was in Rocky 3 just like you said.. i looked it up on the good ol IMDB.. and im was confusing it with Rocky 4.. (gasp.. how could i make such and error!!!)

:eek:

Forgive me??????????

M

Master of Blades

Hulk just kinda sucks now. There just using him to make the younger guys look better. For example the Rock won against him which made him popular then ever. Brock lesnar has a string of just throwing him around. And Kurt Angle, who rules!, made him tap out for the first time in 12 years or suming which is another thing to add to the Gold medals etc....I also think the Undertaker should retire! he was much better as the deadman!

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hogan is still a huge name.
But his day's as a wrestler should have ended long ago.
:redeme:

He should be a manager like heenan
Or Jimmy hart
And leave the wrestling
To those who can move in more than 2 speeds
Slow & Jaw to the fans
:asian:
Primo

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Personally, I can't stand him. Ego and all. Always was a Flair/Horseman mark. :)

You and me both.

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hogan never did know a wrist watch from a wrist lock. While he contributed a lot to the commercialization of pro 'rasslin'...I'm not entirely sure I like that.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it's time for Hulk just to be a spokes person also, come out and do the talking now and then, jabber away to give some air time and lip to someone, smack someone now and then for show and tell, then fade back until needed again.

I was always a Sting fan from the WCW days and his scorpian lime green pants and blonde spiked hair and scorpian splash, those where my days, sting was the man in my book along with the dragon steamboat. Flair was cool, the horsemen ruled.

Yes, me and my wife are wrestling fans also.