How would you follow up?

OP
TSDTexan

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I would just stomp on his head until it was a soft pile of bloody mush.
f8a.gif

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
first call 911 before lol ask it easier to engage the bad guys when you know the cavalry or on the way lol

seriously me ... i'd look to engage on my terms in as much as lead him to an attack where I could engage and hopefully destroy a joint (elbow wrist shoulder)

Personally I wouldn't try to grapple as that not my strong area I would look to destroy a joint and pin from there, ok I would deliver a few atemi but not as knockout more as to open for the destruction and pin

All styles have different approaches

In the Hapkido I studied, many joint locks (grappling) can lead to a destroyed joint. Are you defining grappling in some other way?

As to TSDTexan's question, I really don't know, other than whatever jumped to my mind at the time I was attacked. That could include taking out a knee or an ankle, as well as a takedown with arm joint destruction and strike.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
How would you follow up?

I was in that position once. My opponent dropped his elbow straight down on top of my heart. I got back up, suddenly everything turned into darkness. I fell back down again. I was almost killed that day.

Kick to the back of the head can be another effective finish move if you still want to maintain your mobility.

I like that and used to use it when demonstrating techniques that put the opponent on the ground. In the Hapkido I studied, we called that a heel-down kick. Normally it would be the finish to having put your opponent on the ground. It could be to the head, chest, stomach, or wherever. It can be an incredibly powerful kick so a kick to the head or even chest can be very damaging or even fatal.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
After you have cracked his skull open, you should grab a handful of his brain, put into your mouth, look around, and smile.

Reminds me of Master Ken talking about how to escape a mount from on your back.

1. Reach up and break the neck. This makes their head much more pliable.
  2. Open their jaw, reach your hand down your throat and grab their heart. Rip their heart out through their throat. Their heart is now yours to do with what you wish. The best suggestion is...
  3. Place their heart next to you on the ground. Remember where you put it, because you're going to need it later.
  4. Reversal - push your enemy to the side and roll over to gain the mount position.
  5. Grab the heart. Hold it up in front of him so he can see it, to show him what he did wrong. Say "NO!" sharply. "NO!"

Latest Discussions