Yup. I put it on this calf bruise

1604405323_0c636aea8b.jpg

And on this one on my arm

2214024711_277ab7f964.jpg

Cleared both up pretty quickly.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For days it wasn't going away or even looking a whole lot better. I don't know why I didn't think of using jow sooner, probably because I associate it with training. But it finally dawned on me to put jow on it. I swear, I rubbed some jow into it real good and I kid you not, several hours later it was much better and it was actually gone the next morning.

That Web site lists 4 kinds of Jow for bruising. There's regular, shaolin, chu gar and eight immortals. Which kind did you use?

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
www.dmso.net

Also, increase your consumption of vitamin C and chelated copper. Aw, heck: Get some concentrace liquimin, and start adding it to your water. It'll aid the body in forming better cell walls on vascular tissues to prevent extreme bruising in the first place. If you get whacked or torqued hard enough to pass that gate, then massage it with DMSO. Also, look up Okazaki's "satsuzai" on google or yahoo, and rub that into it as well.

D.

Link to some satsuzai: http://home.pacbell.net/severns/html/satsuzai.html

Last edited:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That Web site lists 4 kinds of Jow for bruising. There's regular, shaolin, chu gar and eight immortals. Which kind did you use?

I use The Eight Immortals Jow. Both can be found under the Traditional Bruise Jow link. :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever see Jow here, where would I be likely to get some to try do you think? it's likely to be too expensive to get it outside the UK I think?

Check with a traditional Chinese Martial Arts school. If the teacher is really old-school, he may make his own. Otherwise, he may have connections to get some.

Otherwise, if there is a Chinese community nearby, check with the traditional doctors and acupuncturists. They also may make their own, or have a connection to get some good stuff.

Not all Dit Da Jows are the same. Some recipes are better than others, and some have given me a skin rash so you might need to experiment a bit. Recipes are often held as a family secret.

I get my jow from my acupuncturist, I trust him, he was also a kung fu student of my sifu, and my sifu recommends him for acupuncture treatments, so that's good enough endorsement for me.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Looks like several of those formulas overlap, meaning you will find them in the conditioning lists as well.

It doesn't say how big the bottles are, but $20 seems a bit steep. Around here you can usually get a decent jow for around $10 or even less.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They make their own jow, and it is superb, very potent so you don't need alot. It's a decent sized bottle. I typically apply mine to both arms before and after training twice a week. A bottle lasts me months. I have tried other jows with less than impressive results.

The reason I use the Eight Immortals is because it is more a standard "beginners" jow which does not irritate the skin. It's stinky though. lol

:)