How to get lower stances

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Deeper stances are often the wrong thing to do.

As far as the exercises go, seems like it would work.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't like it.
Low stance training requires that you hold a low stance and that you move within a low stance. There is no need to go as low as that guy did unless you like knee damage.

Moving while in a stance that is half the height of your casual stance will strengthen your legs without damaging your knees.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't like it.
Low stance training requires that you hold a low stance and that you move within a low stance. There is no need to go as low as that guy did unless you like knee damage.

Moving while in a stance that is half the height of your casual stance will strengthen your legs without damaging your knees.
I agree.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for low stuff, just not deep stuff,
11204981_985372128140184_5652711390381925997_n.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I hate that guy.

But yeah that will work. We do a version of that called raptor walks.

We also do side to side in horse stance. And this weird one where we sit in horse then walk forwards just using a heel and toe method.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you and Drop Bear are confusing the dood in the video with the "Ohh Matron " guy....

Ah you don't know how and why he's saying 'ooh matron'. Ever seen a Carry on film?

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ah you don't know how and why he's saying 'ooh matron'. Ever seen a Carry on film?

No sorry, I am terrible with pop culture be it german, US or any other country's

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sorry, I am terrible with pop culture be it german, US or any other country's

Not 'pop culture' at all. It's a series of British comedy films the first of which was made in the 1958, the last in 1978 though one was made in 1992. There were 31 films altogether. It's unmistakably british humour, double entendres, puns,tongue in cheek comments and the sending up of just about everything from the Establishment to James Bond films. They are absolute classics. There was a stock cast of actors and actresses who were and are hugely popular here s well as fondly remembered. However the films aren't understood outside the UK much due to the unique British humour in them. However nearly all of us can and will quote from them when a saucy comment is required lol as I did above.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tez, Drop Bear is saying he hates the guy in the video… the fact that his post came after yours didn't mean he was saying anything about your image…

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez, Drop Bear is saying he hates the guy in the video… the fact that his post came after yours didn't mean he was saying anything about your image…

He should be specific then, not leave it so long and to someone else to explain. Still as he doesn't like the video guy he'll enjoy the rest lol.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not 'pop culture' at all. It's a series of British comedy films the first of which was made in the 1958, the last in 1978 though one was made in 1992. There were 31 films altogether. It's unmistakably british humour, double entendres, puns,tongue in cheek comments and the sending up of just about everything from the Establishment to James Bond films. They are absolute classics. There was a stock cast of actors and actresses who were and are hugely popular here s well as fondly remembered. However the films aren't understood outside the UK much due to the unique British humour in them. However nearly all of us can and will quote from them when a saucy comment is required lol as I did above.

Did not mean to offend. I meant pop culture as in "popular culture", movies, TV shows etc and as for humor....I'm german....I have none ;)

Latest Discussions