How often have you gotten ear ringing from being hit on the side of the head near the ear?

ColdlyCalculating

White Belt
Reaction score
I remember when I first started it happened somewhat. Did anyone have a tendency for this to happen to them?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did it go away? If not, you need to seek medical attention right away. IMHO I am Not a doctor so that is my opinion only.

Yes, I have been hit hard enough to have ringing. It is an old fighters expression (ring the head) but nowadays it is taken more seriously. It happens faster or from less contact for different people. Can you provide more description of what happened/what is going on? What it after a shot to the head? After just a regular workout? etc...

I have ringing in the ears all the time (Tinnitus) but from other reasons.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around.

D

Deleted member 39746

I have not, it just lovely hurt. There was some pain IN the ear but not ringing as tradtionally called.

Wait, might have been hit on the ear, i dont fully remember.

Oh yeah, above as well, if you have constant rining in your ear(s) seek medical aide.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when I first started it happened somewhat. Did anyone have a tendency for this to happen to them?
I've been dazed, hurt, even a bit confused and muddled once (soccer ball VERY hard to the face). I can't recall a hit of any sort ever making my ears ring, though I've had ringing in my ears from time to time without being hit.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean, more weird sentences.
I had to go back and re-read the thread to figure this one out. He's replying to your question marks ("lovely" is the filter's replacement word for specific allegedly reproductive acts of amusement) and your second statement in the same sentence.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If the glove makes a seal around your ear it can happen.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been dazed, hurt, even a bit confused and muddled once (soccer ball VERY hard to the face). I can't recall a hit of any sort ever making my ears ring, though I've had ringing in my ears from time to time without being hit.
i went ( temp) blind in one eye and the other eye packed up in sympathy arter being hit with a soccer ball

when i say temp it lasted over a week, the bigest problems i faced where hitting the toilet bowl when having a pee, trying to cook and getting miles across town to visit the eye hospital whilst blind and then of course driving when i got about 25% vision back was a bit hairy

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to go back and re-read the thread to figure this one out. He's replying to your question marks ("lovely" is the filter's replacement word for specific allegedly reproductive acts of amusement) and your second statement in the same sentence.

Good grief! Cheers for that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial talk, Coldly Calculating.

There's an old movie saying, from it's a Wonderful Life,

Every time a fighter gets his bell rung, an angel gets his wings.

Or something like that. ;)

Latest Discussions