How often do you train at home?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's varied over the years, depending on where I was living and what I was doing. But there has never been a day that I haven't thought about Martial Arts, not passing thoughts, but long complicated thoughts about everything. There has never been a day my hands haven't moved in a martial arts related way while having these thoughts and walking through the kitchen or doing this or doing that. I think more about Martial Arts than I did about sex when I was 15 years old. There has never been a day I haven't flexed my core, or fast twitched a partial turn, or slipped my head while raising a push block. Never been a day I haven't gripped my feet on whatever service I was standing on, regardless of what I was wearing. Never been a day I haven't sized somebody up, studied how they move, what hand they were favoring, what their expression said or what they were looking at. It all runs on some sort of automatic tape, sometimes consciously, sometimes not. It's just always there. It's like thinking about food, or the movies, or the weather, it's just there.

I've also done at least a million pushups at home over the last forty years. And enough planks to build a board walk from here to Tibet.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do some training at home almost every day, but it's usually not a full workout. Just little bits here and there as I walk around the house - a few kicks, some shadow boxing, a run through my WT form, a bit of footwork, etc - it's not that much, but it does add up over time.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
At times I have been known to put in two or even three full workouts each day, if you count swimming and running in the mix, tho of course they are not martial arts.

Now I've got some other circumstances and obligations, and my priorities have needed to shift dramatically. For the last couple of years my training has been erratic, at best.

Latest Discussions