How Military Culture Turned America Into the land of SWAT

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did. Sounds like their massive firepower approach resulted in a needless death to me.

http://www.policeone.com/police-humor/articles/6361622-Leaked-memo-Mayor-opposes-law-enforcement/

Found a place for you to move arni

Mayor Pipe suggested that employees of the police department now be called “law enrichment helpers” and that all traffic stops and other citizen-helper interactions begin with the police personnel saying “I’m really sorry to trouble you, but...”

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was pulled over for a taillight out in Col. and the police officer gave me his business card in case I wanted to call and complain about him!

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm double tap in wrong thread

Sorry

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your right...this is unheard of....back in the old days cops didn't ...

...oh wait....

View attachment 18210

My Chief just told me he came across an early 1900's photograph of an officer from our dept with hand grenades. Apparently during the first Red Scare police were training to fight infantry style battles.

View attachment 18211

PS-THAT'S a "Machine Gun".[/QUOTE]

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I run my Dept. SWAT team...I had a whopping 6K of grant money to spend this year...I purchased one night vision device for our sniper rifles...

Because for all the uneducated opinions on tactical teams, if our snipers cant make a shot in the night and someone gets killed people will be critical that in this high tech age that we didn't have the capability.

If I'm lucky I will get the same next year...I had nothing the year before...Id like to get a throwable robot. That way the next time we have a barricaded gunman we can toss a robot with a camera vs a person who may have to kill or be killed.

Our vests are due to expire this year too....don't quite know where I'm going to find the money to replace those.

Of course some people would say that the cop getting killed is something we should prefer over us having NVGs or robots or body armor...of course they will never be in the position of ordering a man to his death....

How do your vests expire? Do you fire a few rounds of 5.56 at them when Blackhawk releases new gear? Please tell me how this works because I own a 2 vests and neither of them are expired or will begin to rot like canned goods.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gear and equipment isn't "militarization".....application is. Cops in the 30's/40's had Tommy guns and armored cars...

They had those because of the outlaw of alcohol, which by the way only made the problem worse. Another example of government overreach and the disaster that ensues. The most terrifying words an American can hear are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What do you think our "mission" is?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Your mission is to obey orders and toe the line. If you see something illegal being done by another officer, shut your mouth. If you don't, you're fired and any number of 24 year olds will replace you.

Unfortunately, police are often used to protect an agenda. Take for example the SWAT raid on a DC lawyer where a warrant for legally owned guns turned up a defective 20 ga shotgun shell and an empty .270 casing. Felony charges for a piece of metal and a decades old dud?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How do your vests expire? Do you fire a few rounds of 5.56 at them when Blackhawk releases new gear? Please tell me how this works because I own a 2 vests and neither of them are expired or will begin to rot like canned goods.

The manufacturer no longer guarantees vests after 5 years. If a cop gets shot through a 10 yo expired vest we will loose any lawsuit filed.....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your mission is to obey orders and toe the line. If you see something illegal being done by another officer, shut your mouth. If you don't, you're fired and any number of 24 year olds will replace you.

Unfortunately, police are often used to protect an agenda. Take for example the SWAT raid on a DC lawyer where a warrant for legally owned guns turned up a defective 20 ga shotgun shell and an empty .270 casing. Felony charges for a piece of metal and a decades old dud?

Haters gonna hate....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yup and all owners of assault rifles are risks to society...we don't need all that advanced military hardware on the streets.

P.S.- If you read any of my posts here defending the 2nd and gun ownership you will see that's sarcasm....

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yup and all owners of assault rifles are risks to society...we don't need all that advanced military hardware on the streets.

P.S.- If you read any of my posts here defending the 2nd and gun ownership you will see that's sarcasm....

I'm sure nobody here owns any select fire rifles...

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bull. H&K lists their select fire 416 and grenade launcher as for sale only to military and law enforcement. Maybe the patrol rifles are semi auto...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bull. H&K lists their select fire 416 and grenade launcher as for sale only to military and law enforcement. Maybe the patrol rifles are semi auto...

We (My PD) have nothing like that....

Latest Discussions