how do techniques work in ....

M

MTisGreat

now i understand that MA techniques requiere reflexes and speed, but to get those, u need to get into fights. because ppl are going for the kill. but to try techniques ur not good at in a fight (to perfect them) is very risky.

is there a different approach to perfection????

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It is tough, but there are methods to overcome the FACT that when training with someone, they're cooperating with you. Even when your partner is trying to make things hard for you, you're both working on the same issue. When you're fighting for real, the last thing your opponent will do is cooperate.

Arnisador's pointer is good, and there is a thread on JKD in which IFAJKD outlines training at various speeds, working closer and closer to full speed to train techniques, and even working stick fighting drills (which are incredibly fast) to train your/eye reflexes so that when you go back to hand drills, they seem slow by comaprison.

Work bags for impact training, and SPAR SPAR SPAR!!

OP
S

Shinzu

i would say that sparring with different people of different sizes would help you to develop your techniques that need work.

sometimes they will score and other times they wont. but i do believe that the more you train, the faster you will get.

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

I agree! Put on the protective gear and spar! This gives you the chance to work on speed, technique, and increases your ability to think critically in a fight situation. Start out by leaning a technique, practice a 'less than full speed' with a sparring partner to develope your technique and, as your technique improves, move on to faster and faster speeds. :karate: