How Do I know?

J

Jas0n

Hey guys I want know what a teacher should be doing with a beginer? How should the class be set up?
Ask whatever questions you can.
All the belts are together in one class. black belts work together and help others. the main instructor is a 4th degree black and the second one is a 3rd. both real nice humble guys.

Thanks for the help

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
How long have you been training? Why are you asking what a teacher "should" be teaching a beginning student?

There are so many approaches to teaching... I know that in our system, the number of ways to present information is somewhere in the neighborhood of # of instructors x # number of students squared... ;)

Here's a thought (and I don't mean to sound sarcastic) - ask your teacher. I am sure that he/she has a reason for progressing the way that he/she does in your training.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
How long have you been training? Why are you asking what a teacher "should" be teaching a beginning student?

There are so many approaches to teaching... I know that in our system, the number of ways to present information is somewhere in the neighborhood of # of instructors x # number of students squared... ;)

Here's a thought (and I don't mean to sound sarcastic) - ask your teacher. I am sure that he/she has a reason for progressing the way that he/she does in your training.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:
I am noty questioniong any particular thing he teaches...I have only gone 2 days. I want to know what to look for in a Dojo and teacher. I dont want to get ripped off.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Jas0n
I am noty questioniong any particular thing he teaches...I have only gone 2 days. I want to know what to look for in a Dojo and teacher. I dont want to get ripped off.

You've received rave reviews from high ranking kenpoists.

A problem with posting here, is your posts never go away. Be
careful. If your experience is anything like mine, you'll post here,
and your respect for your instructor will grow by leaps and
bounds. Then a year from now, someone will revive this thread,
and start giving you his suggestions again. It's possible that at
that time, your fellow students, now friends, and possibly your
instructor could be members here. Then they'll see it, and it can
be quite embarassing.

You're not getting ripped off, your instructor has a wonderful
reputation. Now the only question is he the right instructor ...
FOR YOU .

OP
S

sweeper

yeah teaching MA is like teaching anything.. Realy the question is how do you learn? Do you like lots of hands on stuff? lectures on theory? Do you like a loose environment or a strict one? etc..

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jas0n

Well, what is your teacher having you work on? Let's start there...

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by Kirk
You've received rave reviews from high ranking kenpoists.

A problem with posting here, is your posts never go away. Be
careful. If your experience is anything like mine, you'll post here,
and your respect for your instructor will grow by leaps and
bounds. Then a year from now, someone will revive this thread,
and start giving you his suggestions again. It's possible that at
that time, your fellow students, now friends, and possibly your
instructor could be members here. Then they'll see it, and it can
be quite embarassing.

You're not getting ripped off, your instructor has a wonderful
reputation. Now the only question is he the right instructor ...
FOR YOU .
I really don't see how I would be embarrassed? If anything My instructor should look at these posts and be pleased not only that I did the research but also that nothing has been said negative of him so far. In fact from my limited vantage I like him allot. He is a humble guy that I can tell.
I do learn in a hands on kind of way.
Last night was my second time there. I enjoyed it!
He taught us blocking a jab or punch and how to maneuver and set up the body for other key hits. He also taught us something called blocking the storm? it was avoiding getting your head smashed in my a poll or club of sorts.

Latest Discussions