How did the diamond patern jeogori become associated with hapkido?

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This question came up on another thread regarding vee neck doboks:
Do you know why a diamond pattern is used? Purely looks or is there a historical reason?
I believe that the diamond pattern jeogori was from the Jidokwan originally, so I suppose that it actually makes sense for it to be on a diamond pattern TKD dobok. I am not sure how it became associated with hapkido.

Daniel
So just how did the diamond pattern jeogori become synonomous with hapkido?

Daniel

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This question came up on another thread regarding vee neck doboks:

So just how did the diamond pattern jeogori become synonomous with hapkido?

Daniel

That's a pretty good question..I hope someone here can answer it. I'd like to know also...

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Last night a student who had torn his uniform came in wearing one from his old school. It was a Golden Tiger Martial Arts Supply brand. GTMA.
It was a V neck but as mentioned in a much heavier fabric. pretty much what it sounds like filks are looking for. It had the stripes on the shoulder and black neck trim with tiger symbols in the pattern. Was strong enough to be grabbed and tugged etc.
I looked on their bricjures and maybe its the one on page 40. Worth a phone call for those folks looking for this option.

Dave O.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last night a student who had torn his uniform came in wearing one from his old school. It was a Golden Tiger Martial Arts Supply brand. GTMA.
It was a V neck but as mentioned in a much heavier fabric. pretty much what it sounds like filks are looking for. It had the stripes on the shoulder and black neck trim with tiger symbols in the pattern. Was strong enough to be grabbed and tugged etc.
I looked on their bricjures and maybe its the one on page 40. Worth a phone call for those folks looking for this option.

Dave O.

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.goldentiger.com/shop/sho...0000000000000364&pn=3&sub_id=001001001&listg=

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Golden Tiger is where I get most of my supplies since their main warehouse is right in my city (Rancho Cucamonga). Their merchandise is quality with lots of variety.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Latest Discussions