How A Real Man Fights

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Expressions are often meaningless once they're analyzed. Your flesh and blood exists so I'd put my money on the person being real. Real can mean many things, like honesty. Knowing what's real means you understand when you're in danger and how fragile the human body is...even if you have dense bones and are musclebound, your head can still crack relatively easy if bounced off the pavement (five or six times?).
An understanding of how much pain you can feel before you pass out is an individual thing but is really eye opening. That's something that will have someone drop their ego-derived impressions and be serious about it...agony. I've never had the "real men do this..." conversation but any time I mention martial arts all the tough guys come out of the woodwork with their opinions that make me regret bringing the subject up.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Been gone for awhile. Real men will avoid a fight if possible, but that is not always possible, so if push comes to shove, then it's fight to win at all cost, anything and everything goes pure and simple.

Personally, I never talk about what I know except on places like this where it's meant to be talked about or with my close personal friends/associates that I instruct anyways. Just joe or jill average on the street will know nothing of me, nothing at all.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been gone for awhile. Real men will avoid a fight if possible, but that is not always possible, so if push comes to shove, then it's fight to win at all cost, anything and everything goes pure and simple.

Personally, I never talk about what I know except on places like this where it's meant to be talked about or with my close personal friends/associates that I instruct anyways. Just joe or jill average on the street will know nothing of me, nothing at all.

Hello, Sounds like you are one those? "Real men" ....keep up the good work...! ...good point too..!

Aloha,

Latest Discussions