Hopkins v Calzaghe

The_Fish

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Calzaghe for definite I think. Hopkins' wily ring skills will not be enough to put down Calzaghe and his terminator-like qualities, IMO.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think Hopkins time is over. He doesn't have the "fight in him" that he used to. That happens where you reach 110!

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Calzaghe showed why he has been world champion for so long. Hopkins didn't have the engine to beat Joe and didn't come forward at all. Bernard even had to fake a couple of groin shots to get his breath back.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

For someone as accomplished as Bernard he sure looks like he has been punched in the face ALOT

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, quite a scrapy fight - but was always going to be with Hopkins. Not the most enjoyable to watch either but very glad Calzaghe won (and I don't think the result was questionable at all). Calzaghe has been at the top of the game for so long and it's good to see him finally getting the international recognition and kudos he deserves.

DAT

White Belt
Reaction score
Joe won on pressing the fight and work output but he has to be the lightest punching super middle-light heavy champ in history. Quantity over quality.:wink1:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe won on pressing the fight and work output but he has to be the lightest punching super middle-light heavy champ in history. Quantity over quality.:wink1:

Trust me, you don't want to be hit by one of Calzaghes 'light' punches! Hopkins didn't! thats why he faked being punched to the groin and at one point he didn't know which was his corner.
Hopkins was beaten fair and square.......by quality.

Latest Discussions