Hochheim - The Other Hand

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hochheim has a diverse background and is not a proponent of any style. However what I see here resembles some WC or FMA.

Last edited:
Reactions: KPM

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Head movement is a heap simpler. I have tried to catch hands at speed. And can do it if we are both fencing off with our hands. But for an actual engagement. Attacking with both hands and preemting my defence just gets me punched less.

The krav maga bursting is a good example. It is about as simple an example of this idea that you see a punch address it and strike back simultaneously.

This is the flagship move of Krav that basically never comes out live.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
The video in the OP looks primarily like Inosanto Academy Panantukan.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
He was actually a Modern Arnis guy with a law enforcement background who has his own system.

True. But Hock has been around a long time and studied with lots of different people. That video gives credit to Terry Gibson at the beginning. Gibson was a well known Inosanto stylist. So I wonder if he was fairly significant influence on what Hochheim does as well.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like Hochheim's thought process (although it won't appeal to the purists) in that he likes to strip away the fat from a system and use what works.

Reactions: KPM

Latest Discussions