History of Islamic Hostility and an Analysis of Current Threat Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
i feel religion in general is a threat.

I don't think believing religions are a threat is a problem, I only think it is a problem if TF or Yorkshire or anyone starts treating people bad because they are religious. Which I don't do, most my buddies have a religion of some kind or another.

The Nazi party went after a group of people because of there religion too, you know.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh and I agree with you for sure. But as it turns out, the ideal and opinions that have been expressed can all be seen on a 3 hour block of prime time Fox News programming. So if he isn't watching them, then they both shop at the same propaganda store.

your Fox hate is boring, and based on BS lies to boot

it shows

and then you go and throw the Nazi card?

dude, you are a walking posting punchline

stop while you are behind

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
your Fox hate is boring, and based on BS lies to boot

it shows

and then you go and throw the Nazi card?

dude, you are a walking posting punchline

stop while you are behind

FACT: NAZIS ROUNDED UP JEWS FOR THERE RELIGION, PUT THEM IN CAMPS AND EXTERMINATED THEM ALL DUE TO HATE.

We should learn from History, not repeat it.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sensei Payne yelled:
"FACT: NAZIS ROUNDED UP JEWS FOR THERE RELIGION, PUT THEM IN CAMPS AND EXTERMINATED THEM ALL DUE TO HATE."

Were the Nazi's evil in your opinion Sensei Payne? With the 'yelling' does all that emotion imply that you hate what they, in their belief of Hitlerism and Nazism, did and tried to do?

Tying this back to the new thread title.
Does the rhetoric and actions of leaders and political/military/religious identities found with-in the different 'modern' Muslim countries concern you while they often preach the same hatred of the Jews and the intense national desire to exterminate them as the different National Nazi Parties did 60+ years ago?

Sensei Payne also wrote:
"We should learn from History, not repeat it."
I agree, although which lesson should be learned and whether they were or not, can obviously be debated.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm not worried about what someone thousands of miles away preaches. What's in my own community, maybe. But locally we've seen no problems. (other than the 1 case previously mentioned). I'm more likely to be robbed by bored teens while out walking to the post office, or hit by an senior driving through a parking lot, than I will be a victim of any type of violence performed in the name of Islam.

Tons of data here: http://www.city-data.com/city/Buffalo-New-York.html
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Buffalo-New-York.html

I don't worry about being raped, killed or my house burning down however. Very low probability.

Does the rhetoric bother me?
Yeah.
Does it concern me?
Yeah.
Can I do anything about it?
Nope.

Why worry about what you can not change?

What I can change is how locals view me. So I treat any Muslims I encounter like I do anyone else I encounter. With politeness, courtesy, and kindness. Like anyone.
I do the same thing with hispanics, blacks, indians, asians and Canadians.
Especially with the Canadians.

Do I ever think "oh ****!"?
Yep.

Do I ever feel nervous?
Yep.

But I'll be at greater risk in August when I drive from Buffalo to Austin again, than I am at the halal super market.

So fools can preach what they want. When I start hearing about an increase nationally in violent crimes associated with Islamic radicals, I'll up my concern level. What we're seeing now, statistically, is not an increase in numbers, it's a focus on giving higher priority to one type of story over other similar ones based on a single factor.
"If story has islam, bump to top of page. If not, move to bottom".

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Nazi party went after a group of people because of there religion too, you know.

FACT: NAZIS ROUNDED UP JEWS FOR THERE RELIGION, PUT THEM IN CAMPS AND EXTERMINATED THEM ALL DUE TO HATE.

We should learn from History, not repeat it.

yeah and they took that hate and actually treated people bad because of it. So long as TF and Co just have an opinion and don't start treating people bad because they follow islam or some other religion, its ok i think. as far as i know he don't treat his muslim buddies bad because they follow islam, he did said that they are fine ok people.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
yeah and they took that hate and actually treated people bad because of it. So long as TF and Co just have an opinion and don't start treating people bad because they follow islam or some other religion, its ok i think. as far as i know he don't treat his muslim buddies bad because they follow islam, he did said that they are fine ok people.

I think what our young friend Mr. Payne is trying to say is that our government is only a misplaced sentiment away from taking the same kinds of actions for political reasons: outlawing and persecuting a religion, like citizens clear from New York to Utah did to the Mormons when they started, and the government did to the Indians whenever they found them. Rounding up all the Muslims and putting them in camps, like the government did to the Japanese in WWII, and the Indians whenever they found them.Things like that.....

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think what our young friend Mr. Payne is trying to say is that our government is only a misplaced sentiment away from taking the same kinds of actions for political reasons: outlawing and persecuting a religion, like citizens clear from New York to Utah did to the Mormons when they started, and the government did to the Indians whenever they found them. Rounding up all the Muslims and putting them in camps, like the government did to the Japanese in WWII, and the Indians whenever they found them.Things like that.....

...you don't mean like the Nazi's did to the jews do you?

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sensei Payne yelled:

Were the Nazi's evil in your opinion Sensei Payne? With the 'yelling' does all that emotion imply that you hate what they, in their belief of Hitlerism and Nazism, did and tried to do?

I agree, although which lesson should be learned and whether they were or not, can obviously be debated.

I put it in all caps and in bold simply so that it will stand out as a fact. My intent wasn't "yelling" it.

Do I hate them, no. I feel sorry for them. Do I think they should be in power again..no not at all..The leaders were bad people, and yes, I believe to be evil.

Hate Speech is always how it starts Blade. Blaminig an entire people for a common problem. (IE the Jews were blamed for the economy.) Part of the reason why such words as the N-word, and now the F-word, are so socially unacceptable now.

But again with Hate we need to attack the true enemy:Ignorance

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I agree with much of what you posted just above Bob, except in our area crimes by Muslims in are under reported in my opinion, with the names and religious affiliations blacked out of local news reporting in the name of sensitivity to our Muslim communities sensitivities.

Bob wrote:
"What I can change is how locals view me"
I disagree with this Bob. The only thing that we can change is our own views and actions. What people think and feel cannot be legislated or forced to change either by force, coercion, or kindness. To expect others to be respect us because we respect them disregards the history of human interactions. It is in our interests to be fair in our dealings with others because it promotes and strengthens our own goodness not as a means of hoping to bring about change in others, that would be insincere, insulting and unproductive.

"So I treat any Muslims I encounter like I do anyone else I encounter. With politeness, courtesy, and kindness. Like anyone.
I do the same thing with hispanics, blacks, indians, asians and Canadians.
Especially with the Canadians."

This is sound and good behavior in both of our opinions (I notice you did not include the French on the list) but our motivation for doing so seems to differ. Doing so out of fear vs doing so as a means of trying to better the self.

Regards
Brian King

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
This is sound and good behavior in both of our opinions (I notice you did not include the French on the list) but our motivation for doing so seems to differ. Doing so out of fear vs doing so as a means of trying to better the self.

Regards
Brian King

First of all I think that everyone tried to better themselves in one way or another. Sometiems we do better ourselves out of fear...but other times we do it just because we wanna, or we feel like its time we did.

For example. We had a biggest loser compitition at work. I was already trying to lose more weight before it happened...but everyone else was doing it for the grand prize money. They were doing it for a reason other than trying to better themselves...as were I was doing it for myself...ALTHOUGH...both reasons usually develop better habits in the long run, and healthier individuals.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is true that fear can be a strong motivator, but in my opinion it is never the better, as different actions result from different motivations even under the same circumstances. Others philosophies and experiences may differ.

Regards
Brian King

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is true that fear can be a strong motivator, but in my opinion it is never the better, as different actions result from different motivations even under the same circumstances. Others philosophies and experiences may differ.

Regards
Brian King

Fear is the basis of the human mind. Its our flight of fight system. Its there no matter what your logical thinking on why your doing something. So really its gonna be out of fear we do everything...Train in Martial Arts, put on a seat belt, mind our Ps and Qs in public, etc.

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i feel religion in general is a threat.

I don't think believing religions are a threat is a problem, I only think it is a problem if TF or Yorkshire or anyone starts treating people bad because they are religious. Which I don't do, most my buddies have a religion of some kind or another.

This is my thinking entirely. Most of my family are ardent Catholics. I love them, but I despise Catholicism. There is a difference between the faith and the faithful.
Then again, if my family began stoning other family members for adultery or encouraging the weaker members of the family to wear suicide vests to kill innocents as part of a holy war, I would probably call the cops after kicking the crap out of them.

I'm currently working for a number of very conservative muslims. They are good people, nice, friendly and generous. I, personally have only ever spoken out about muslim extremists. The people who want us dead, and I don't think that is unreasonable of me.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam have been a major scourge on society since their inception. They have caused suffering, death and chaos in their wake. i have no time for them in general. I have a very good friend in Dublin, who was also my landlady, who is Wiccan. she classifies herself as a witch. Both her and her friends are happy, friendly people, who would do anything to help you out. They're tolerant of other's belief and it is a pleasure to be in their company. I have nothing against their religion, because they don't try to push it on me, or anyone else for that matter.

So there you have it. I have nothing against belief systems that don't oppress others, but the mullahs, the radical imams, the pope, the Dave Koresh and Jim Jones style christians and the dear departed Jerry Falwell and his good friend Pat Robertson can kiss my pimply, hairy white bottom.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This is my thinking entirely. Most of my family are ardent Catholics. I love them, but I despise Catholicism. There is a difference between the faith and the faithful.
Then again, if my family began stoning other family members for adultery or encouraging the weaker members of the family to wear suicide vests to kill innocents as part of a holy war, I would probably call the cops after kicking the crap out of them.

I'm currently working for a number of very conservative muslims. They are good people, nice, friendly and generous. I, personally have only ever spoken out about muslim extremists. The people who want us dead, and I don't think that is unreasonable of me.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam have been a major scourge on society since their inception. They have caused suffering, death and chaos in their wake. i have no time for them in general. I have a very good friend in Dublin, who was also my landlady, who is Wiccan. she classifies herself as a witch. Both her and her friends are happy, friendly people, who would do anything to help you out. They're tolerant of other's belief and it is a pleasure to be in their company. I have nothing against their religion, because they don't try to push it on me, or anyone else for that matter.

So there you have it. I have nothing against belief systems that don't oppress others, but the mullahs, the radical imams, the pope, the Dave Koresh and Jim Jones style christians and the dear departed Jerry Falwell and his good friend Pat Robertson can kiss my pimply, hairy white bottom.

Then it is not the religion per say as much as it is those that practice it, how they choose to interpret and use it.

The Bible the Koran or the Talmud sitting on a shelf is fairly harmless, it takes a human hand to pick it up and beat someone with it

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Then it is not the religion per say as much as it is those that practice it, how they choose to interpret and use it.

The Bible the Koran or the Talmud sitting on a shelf is fairly harmless, it takes a human hand to pick it up and beat someone with it

Yes, pretty much! I actually really like the above quote!

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
MUSLIMS are trying to kill infidels for NO OTHER REASON than that they are not muslims.
Actually it's not Muslims as a whole. It's Muslim Jihadists who hate us because they don't want us politicking (made up word for sticking our nose in their business) their part of the world. Do you want them politicking our part of the world? We've been in their face forever, even before the US was a nation.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually it's not Muslims as a whole. It's Muslim Jihadists who hate us because they don't want us politicking (made up word for sticking our nose in their business) their part of the world. Do you want them politicking our part of the world? We've been in their face forever, even before the US was a nation.

and this is horse crap

they have said, plain and clear

they hate all non muslims and non shariah compliant nations

and

they hate israel

we (rightly) stand by Israel, and we are not shariah compliant

so even if we were not involved in politics there, we would still be a target

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
and this is horse crap

they have said, plain and clear

they hate all non muslims and non shariah compliant nations

and

they hate israel

we (rightly) stand by Israel, and we are not shariah compliant

so even if we were not involved in politics there, we would still be a target

In modern times we, our govt. is in their face. Why, because we can. But if their govts cross the line, we'll invade. They can't do the same. So the extremists do what they do.

This converstaion is like a streetfight where 1 fighter says "what are the rules." You're wrong. Islam is not bad, some people of their faith are bad, a small percentage, period. Their are just as many crazy christians with their own agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions