History Channel - The Human Weapon Eskrima Sneak Peak!

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick post on the subject: I liked the show overall, but I didn't like that they focused most of the show on DP instead of more variety and I didn't like how they completely ignored Silat.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Quick post on the subject: I liked the show overall, but I didn't like that they focused most of the show on DP instead of more variety and I didn't like how they completely ignored Silat.

Wasn't the show called "eskrima?"

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's silat in the Philippines, and Penjak Silat is a common competition sport. But yes, it's not what's meant by "Eskrima"!

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

PeteNerd

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Could someone post a picture of what specificly they mean by a "bolo" if it refers to a particular type of blade.

I have a pretty good image in my head of a tenegre, binangon, talibon, pinuti, ginunting, kampilan, barong, etc. I do not have an image for "bolo."

Thanks,

Lamont

In my experience bolo is more of a generic term. Basically a machete that you use to do whatever, cut coconuts, trim the lawn, cut cane, all kinds of stuff. There are all kinds of styles, some more geared for work or agriculture and some more geared for fighting.

Pete

Latest Discussions