High kicks of destruction for Tez3

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In my 20s, 30s and even into my early 40s I was about 4 inches from a split, could kick over my head and stretched out with my heel on the top of the refrigerator. Currently I can get my legs to about a 90 degree angle in a stretch and kicking to waist level is about it...on a good day.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My trouble is my knees, over the years I have abused them something rotten lol. Parachuting, horse riding, lots of walking carrying heavy bergen's etc. Good times though.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My trouble is my knees, over the years I have abused them something rotten lol. Parachuting, horse riding, lots of walking carrying heavy bergen's etc. Good times though.
Knees are part of my problem, too. Have always been, but getting more "mouthy" every year. Add to that a natural tendency toward tightness in the hips and hamstrings (apparently inherited from my dad), and I've only occasionally been capable of kicks anywhere near the head of someone standing. I can probably kick my wife in the head (she won't let me check), but she's nearly a foot shorter.

Obito Uchiha

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a question for you highkickers. Do you return to the same spot?

I don't really know what you mean for sure, no offense. But I'll give you some insight regardless. For a roundhouse, we chamber, and kick. If we prefer to give it a sort of snapping motion, like the snap front kick, then we chamber, kick quickly, and return to our chambering position. Hope I helped!

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't really know what you mean for sure, no offense. But I'll give you some insight regardless. For a roundhouse, we chamber, and kick. If we prefer to give it a sort of snapping motion, like the snap front kick, then we chamber, kick quickly, and return to our chambering position. Hope I helped!
It just seems like you would be faster if you returned to your leg to being, high and tight, underneath you. Play with it. :cool:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just seems like you would be faster if you returned to your leg to being, high and tight, underneath you. Play with it. :cool:

For some reason that just comes across as very suggestive...... ;)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you highkickers. Do you return to the same spot?

I think the obvious answer is "maybe."

If I kick you in the head, what happens after will depend on what you do as a result of the kick and what my next move is going to be. Do you move backwards? Sideways? Fall down? Die? Did you drop your hands? Did you raise them? One, or both? Did you rotate your torso? Did you turn your entire body? Am I following up the kick with a punch? Another kick? An elbow? Biting your ear off? What range do I want for the follow up technique(s)?

The same holds true if I kick you in the ribs. Or the knee.