Hi!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello green meanie! Welcome to MT. Tell us a little more about yourself. What art do you do? How Long? What else are you interested in? We is a nosy bunch :D

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome green meenie and please give some background about you.
Terry

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, green meanie! :)

Are you really green, really mean or both?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MAP..As the others have said "Give us some backround info..

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT green meanie. (love the name, hee hee) Happy Posting! :)

OP
green meanie

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry I wasn't able to respond to this sooner. Here's a lil bit about me:

I teach Ju Jitsu in the evenings and I'm an assistant varsity wrestling coach at the local high school. I've been in Ju Jitsu for about 15 years now and competing in and / or coaching wrestling for a little over 25 years. I started out wrestling in high school; I wasn't great but I wasn't bad. I went into the Marines and trained with anyone who would work with me just so I could stay on the mat. I was never able to train in anything for very long so I ended training in a lot of things for just a little... and picked up a rather motley assortment of uniforms and belt colors along the way. When the opportunity finally came that I could focus on one discipline I made a place for myself in Ju Jitsu. I'm still just a wrestler at heart though and I probably always will be.

OP
green meanie

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gemini said:
Are you really green, really mean or both?

Yes! No! I don't know!

Actually, it's a nickname I've had for awhile. When I wrestled in high school I wore a dark green and white uniform and that sort of thing stands out when you're the only school in the district using those colors. I never looked at what I did then (or now) as mean... I didn't cheat, I never gave anyone a cheap shot, etc. But I was rough. Anyway, after one of my matches a distraught mother was overheard saying, "I hate that green wrestler, he's so mean!" and the name stuck.

:)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!! Enjoy!

Mike

Latest Discussions