Hi

O

OC Kid

My name is Ron I live in Orange County Calif, Thus the OC. Ive been in the MA since 1983 I was ranked in Butokukan Karate in washington State in 1987. I moved to Calif immediately after recieveing my rank since then I hook up with John "Big T" Turnage (rated PKA heavy weight KB #1 contender and nationally rank point fighter) I am still under John today, and Mr. Todd Mc Elhenny, Mr. Bob White( I stop by his school every now and then and work out on the weekends but most of the guys I trained with are gone and trained for tournament competition in the late 1980's and early 90's.

I also trained in Kwan Duk Kan karate under jim Muse and Hawarang Do for a short time under Gil Kim, Shito Ryu for a short time under Demura and Shoto kan for a short time with Dan Ivan, then moved into Muay Thai under a Japanese guy "Yuki Horuchi" (spelling) who founded the Piston gym in the early 1990s' He was a incredible trainer and had over 300 fights in Japan.

I took a break when my son was born but now I am getting back into training mainly solo training at home and teaching at home also. I am considering getting back in the gym and up dating some of my skills mainly learning some basic ground work and doing some conditioning work...Its hard trainig on my own.
Well anyway, ive been posting here a while and thought it might be time for a intro..:>)

OP
N

Northstorm

Howdy Kid,
I spent some time in both Washington State and California. Southern California is great for Martial arts. While I was in your neck of the woods, I trained with Gracie Bros, Paul Vunak, Dan Innasanto, Hawkins Cheung, and lots of excellent fighters of less notoriety. Suck it up California boy, cause you are among some of the best. Put the surfboard away and catch as many martial art seminars as you can. :ultracool

Latest Discussions