Hi there!

MariaRia72

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there,
Three months ago I joined a WTF taekwondo academy and have earned a yellow stripe belt. I've always wanted to do martial arts, and once I hit 18 I knew time was running out for me so I made the jump and love it. Felt like joining this forum to ask questions as they come up and learn more about the martial arts community.

See ya around :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome. And see you around, kid. :)

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome but have to say what do you mean time was running out at 18....there's people on here who are over double your age and still train lol

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome but have to say what do you mean time was running out at 18....there's people on here who are over double your age and still train lol
That's an understatement. :)

@MariaRia72 Welcome to the MT forums, Maria. You'll find a lot of folks here who have a passion for MA, training, falling down, getting hit, and other strange pastimes.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi there,
Three months ago I joined a WTF taekwondo academy and have earned a yellow stripe belt. I've always wanted to do martial arts, and once I hit 18 I knew time was running out for me so I made the jump and love it. Felt like joining this forum to ask questions as they come up and learn more about the martial arts community.

See ya around :)
18… oh man that's way too old. You need to start training while you are still an embryo if you wanna git gud.

OP
M

MariaRia72

White Belt
Reaction score

Look I'm sorry, I failed to clarify that I meant that after I graduate college I'll be moving and be going into a very high pace industry... i won't have much time to train... obviously age is just a number. No harm meant :/

OP
M

MariaRia72

White Belt
Reaction score
18… oh man that's way too old. You need to start training while you are still an embryo if you wanna git gud.

Alright last time... I said time is running out FOR ME because I'm graduating college and moving. Won't be able to train. Not age related.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright last time... I said time is running out FOR ME because I'm graduating college and moving. Won't be able to train. Not age related.
So you are moving to the land of no martial arts. Never been there.