Hi I'm Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi My Name is Daniel, I have been training in Rochester Ny for 3 years. I am between styles right now working with 2 schools. I am trying to find the right style for me. I think I might go Long Fist Kung-Fu, Ba Gua or Xing Yi. There is a good school up here on University. Renaissance Martial Arts. I have attended several Seminars there. They hold a Open Martial arts thing every year in October and bring in like 9 styles over the weekend. It's cool and you get to check out a lot of local Martial Artist and styles.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! It looks like Renaissance Martial Arts would provide you with some real variety.

I lived on the U. of R. one summer while interning at Kodak, and visit the city often as my brother still lives there. I really like Rochester!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Dan from another Dan..Welcome to MT..

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, no you won't.

"Dan" here, or as he registered "Bryan" is really Bruce Calkins, the "Honorable" "Soke" himself who had his account removed from here.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Buh-bye, now. Bye! Bye-bye. Bye! Bye-bye, now. Remember to place all trash in the appropriate waste receptacle. Okay, buh-bye, now. Bye! Hahahah ... okay.

Are we done? Cuz my cheeks are killing me.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Allright I'm getting a little freaked here. Making sure the windows are locked and bolted
I was a little thrown off by the lack of misspellings--sneaky ninja!!

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Pass er along.....

Attachments

• $Fraud-Notice.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 409

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
sad but true...

And this "dan" persona just goes even further towards showing that the general consensus was spot on.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For the record ...

I'm not a big one on fraud-busting or witch-hunting. I'm aware that there are some styles that have more advanced study than others and styles can vary in approach based upon philosophy of motion, stance, grip, etcetera. And I don't pretend to know all there is to know, or even enough to really judge many other people. Nor do I pretend to be some great warrior or fantastic talent ... because I'm not.

But see, isn't that the point, Mr. Calkins? That we don't pretend to be some stellar talent, well-connected superstar, mighty warrior ... even if we are?

I think, no matter what anyone has to say - and I've said this before - that Bob Hubbard is MORE than fair in allowing people to prove themselves, giving them the opportunity to be honest, correct their mistakes, bite their tongues, retract their statements, protect their identities, etcetera. I believe he offers this in a sincere attempt at brotherhood, commonality, friendship. And it pains me (truly) when things come down to this.

Whatever your style, your credentials, your affiliations, your talent, I wish you enlightenment, good training, health and wellness now and in your future. And luck. Lots and lots of luck.

:asian:

Georgia Ketchmark

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Priceless...some other MA Forums even have avatars of the guy.

Attachments

• $Soke.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 427
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions