Hi from newbie

G

Galvatron

Hi, i just wanted to introduce myself, I've been lurking for a couple of days now and decided to register. I'm very impressed with the courteous atmosphere here as oppossed to some forums I've read.

I'm a 2nd dan in Tang Soo Do under Kwan Jang Pak, Song Ki.
I dropped out of practice for almost 5 years and recently began training again in Taekwondo under Master Ron Berry at the Mudo College of Taekwondo in Orange Park,FL.

Anyhow, so thats me in a nutshell. :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk. I hope you will enjoy posting questions and become active in the discussions here.
We always are interest in hearing another view and we encourage you to take an active part in any of the disscusions.
I'm glad to hear that you have restarted takeing lessons after 5 years. It is sometimes verry hard to take that first step back onto the floor. Best wishes in your studies, and do'nt forget to keep us updated on how it's going.
Shadow:asian:

OP
G

Galvatron

I've never been much into competition. I've fought in a few tournaments, but it never floated my boat.

I decided to switch to TKD, because I've known the instructor for about 15 years (He's an old friend of my dad's) and his school has a reputation for being very physically demanding.

OP
F

fissure

Galvatron, glad your here.I know Ron from WAY back. Trained with his guys a couple of times. I don't know if he's changed his ways - if he has'nt, I hope you like to sweat!Is he still hooked up with the navy team?

OP
G

Galvatron

artful-WTF.

fissure- He's toned down SOME, but it's still a rough class compared to what I was used to. He used to teach a class at my dad's old school so, it wasnt a complete shock to me.
I think he's been out of the navy now for many many years.
His daughter Marsha placed 4th at Olympics trials in 2000.