Hey Everyone :D

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey welcome aboard, hope you share with us some of your experiences and opinions! Great you found your home with wing chun.. why do you think other arts you tried were not home for you? :) xo

She thinks they are all inferior and has vowed to return and conquer their master! :angelic:

OP
WingChunChick

WingChunChick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey welcome aboard, hope you share with us some of your experiences and opinions! Great you found your home with wing chun.. why do you think other arts you tried were not home for you? :) xo

Great question. There are a few main reasons, the first being who wing chun was intended for, perticulary that it was made for smaller people and that has always appealed to me.

I tend to like softer styles more and internal energy but most lack combat value, and in the reverse many hard styles lack internal power but have good self defense application. Wing chun provides a nice middle ground.

I really enjoy the scientific mindset behind it to, it fits my mental attitude.

OP
WingChunChick

WingChunChick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
She thinks they are all inferior and has vowed to return and conquer their master! :angelic:

Not exactly as far off as you'd think.

It's a funny story but at one point in my life I almost challenged my previous instructor to a fight to prove how terrible their martial arts were. They were teaching people techniques that would honestly get them hurt or killed and I wanted to put a stop to it(if fact I know several who were hurt because of their teachings)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not exactly as far off as you'd think.

It's a funny story but at one point in my life I almost challenged my previous instructor to a fight to prove how terrible their martial arts were. They were teaching people techniques that would honestly get them hurt or killed and I wanted to put a stop to it(if fact I know several who were hurt because of their teachings)

What kind of techniques?

Latest Discussions