Herniated wrist

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did this at work but it could have just as well happened in class. I over strained my left hand and now part of the inside of my wrist is resting just outside and sort of on top of my hand. It doesn't hurt any more, but the bump is still there. Should I be trying to have a doctor shove it back in?:)
Sean

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes a massage Therapist (LMT) can help out a whole lot more than a Dr...If the Doctor wants to operate, then you try everything you can, therapy wise before it actually is scheduled.. Some Drs cut before they go through all the theraputic steps

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sometimes a massage Therapist (LMT) can help out a whole lot more than a Dr...If the Doctor wants to operate, then you try everything you can, therapy wise before it actually is scheduled.. Some Drs cut before they go through all the theraputic steps
I would rather not go through surgury. I don't eat if I don't work. I would rather have a fasional bump than starve to death.:)
Sean

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes it just needs some rest...go and get yourself a wrist brace and wear it for a while and see how it does ya...this might be eaiser if we saw a picture of it...maybe a side by side pic with your healthy wrist.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
See a doctor and find out what the MD says. Just because they say it does not mean you have to do it and you can always get a second, third, forth, etc opinion.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happened at work. See a doc, on their dime. (Unless it happened screwing around...) I'm surprised they're giving you a choice, so I suspect you didn't report it. They need to know, not only so that you get taken care of, but also so that they can address whatever situation caused the injury.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sometimes it just needs some rest...go and get yourself a wrist brace and wear it for a while and see how it does ya...this might be eaiser if we saw a picture of it...maybe a side by side pic with your healthy wrist.
Its just a bump that looks like a very swollen mosquito bite. The fact that it is over a month old is scary.:)
Sean

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It happened at work. See a doc, on their dime. (Unless it happened screwing around...) I'm surprised they're giving you a choice, so I suspect you didn't report it. They need to know, not only so that you get taken care of, but also so that they can address whatever situation caused the injury.
...Just doing tasks above my strength level.
Sean

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it dose not start getting better or if it get worse please see a Dr. and find out the extent of the injury.
lets hope it gets better by itslef