Here's Wonderwoman's New Look

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last month, NBC's "Wonder Woman" reboot cast its titular superheroine, with "Friday Night Lights" star Adrianne Palicki stepping into Lynda Carter's invisible plane. Today, the production has released its first image of Palicki in costume as Wonder Woman.
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/see-the-first-photo-of-adrianne-palicki-as-wonder-woman--2569
Well, I agree with the assessment that the costume as a serious crime-fighting outfit... ain't gonna work. Read some of the comments provided... seems fans aren't too happy either. One of them complained... There are no Stars and Stripes?

Another: Come on! At least be realistic enough to give her top and shoes something usefull. If you don't want it campy then stay away from the Pam Anderson-ish look! She can be a sexy woman without heels and pushing her boobs to her chin! Who were the designers a bunch of teenage boys?

Attachments

• $Anew Wonderwoman.jpg
    $Anew Wonderwoman.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 282

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, practicality has never really been a strong aspect of WW's costumes.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have to say, yes, the people who came up or at least approved the design were probably on the same mental level as teenage boys. They work in Hollywood afterall. With this level of decision making going into costume design, I forsee a short, if not cancelled before airing, television show. I think because of the nature of her original costume and the move toward more realistic, modern, clothing, this is one costume you could transition into something more normal, and still keep the major themes of her costume intact. Stars and stripes as a pattern for the shirt somehow and some nice, comfortable jeans, and some sensible shoes or boots.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If the new Wonderwoman is also a jujutsu blackbelt, that would be hot.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well with THAT outfit it's (the show) going to be campy whether they want it to or not.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks equally like the original WW costume and the modern version.

Wonder-Woman-New-By-Don-Kramer.jpg
wonder-woman.jpg

I have no problem with the uniform. I would have expected a prettier girl to play the role, she's hot but she's no Amazon Princess carved from clay to be perfection.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
its crap, the worst WW design ever...
I have seen Fan work that is better, and on smallville the outfit that lois lane wore would be a much much better design for a wonderwoman outfit.
I predict this show dies quickly...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks equally like the original WW costume and the modern version.

Wonder-Woman-New-By-Don-Kramer.jpg
wonder-woman.jpg

I have no problem with the uniform. I would have expected a prettier girl to play the role, she's hot but she's no Amazon Princess carved from clay to be perfection.
She does kinda look like a sister on Paradise Island.
Sean

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
One huge pet peeve of mine - heels on women that are supposed to engage in melee combat. Really, really stupid. No one would ever do that, it just screams unserious objectification to me. I will forgive Trinity in The Matrix her heeled boots, because they aren't actually fighting in the real world.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
One huge pet peeve of mine - heels on women that are supposed to engage in melee combat. Really, really stupid. No one would ever do that, it just screams unserious objectification to me. I will forgive Trinity in The Matrix her heeled boots, because they aren't actually fighting in the real world.

One of the reasons !Alex Ross' version of her costume, especially the battle dress is best. Real eafle themed gold armor, sword, sheild, helm and real boots.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Joss Wheadon is involved, who cares about the 'authenticity' of the costume? The man writes well - Buffy was the best TV of its decade in my opinion and Firefly never got the chance it deserved or it would've made a similar impact I reckon.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with you all the way on Joss, especially on Firefly!

As for Ross' Wonder Woman. I met him at a book signing and asked him about his model for his WW, turns out it's his wife! His wife also models for his Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. Ross himself is his version of The Joker.

CP1326%20Wonder%20Woman-Mythology.jpg
wlLD8OEailbm2z24WXh9RUaoo1_500.jpg

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Buffy was the best TV of its decade

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, you were serious?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If Joss Wheadon is involved, who cares about the 'authenticity' of the costume? The man writes well - Buffy was the best TV of its decade in my opinion and Firefly never got the chance it deserved or it would've made a similar impact I reckon.
To think, some people think anything Europeans think is smarter, better, more stylish...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am sensing a certain lack of agreement in the room :lol:. Well, each to their own I guess ... I'm still right, no matter what the mockers say :p.

Aside from the general quality of the writing there was:

http://www.allpics4u.com/lifestyle/elegant-formal-dresses-of-charisma-carpenter.html

Sorry man... I loved Firefly and Dr Horrible, but I think Buffy and Angel were two of the biggest peices of crap on TV at the time, (production quality and acting-wise) and always thought the only reason they stayed on was because they had some attractive women on the show. Now I suspect that even more strongly. Hahahahaha.