Here ya go, Drac...

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nosferatu. Check.
Shadow of the Vampire. Check.
Bram Stoker's Dracula. Check.

I don't understand how some of the other turkeys got there, but oh well. And where's "Scream Blacula! Scream!"?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to know WHO had final say so on this this..A lot of great vampre films are too far down on the list..I didn't see "Curse of the Undead".. An old black and white movie set in wild west where the deadlist gunman around turns out to be a vampire..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great thread.

Love Nosferatu but the best one ever........ well that would have to be Bram Stokers Dracula! After that Lost Boy's and Salem's Lot are right at the top for me.
icon6.gif

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm going to put on my wizard's hat and predict that the forthcoming I Am Legend with Will Smith will far surpass Fright Night Part 2. Why the makers of Omega Man thought some pasty not-zombies would be scarier than vampires, I will never know.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Andy Warhols' Dracula should be seen.

You can probalby find JC - Vampire Hunter at superstrangevideo.com

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was happy to see "Cronos" at #10. That had to be one of the most unique takes on the vampire genre.
It was also cool to see "Shadow of the Vampire" at #14, although I would have put it in the top 10.

I'm looking forward to seeing if "30 days of night" is any good.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bit of trivia. If you look at the credits in BS'sD you'll see that it was written by Fred Saberhagen. Read "The Dracula Tape" and "The Holmes Dracula File" for more of the story from Count Vlad Tepes' point of view. He drives a Peterbilt truck through the holes on Stoker's plot :)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bit of trivia. If you look at the credits in BS'sD you'll see that it was written by Fred Saberhagen.

And if I can Gank the thread for a second, his orginal Sword Trilogy was great, I never could get into the Berzerker series.

End thread gank.

Last night I saw a really bad vampire film staring Michael Chickles and Lucy Liu. I dont know what it was called, but I hope it's not on the list.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw a pretty good old one last night. I picked up a box of 50 horror movies at Best Buy. One of them was "The Last Man on Earth". It was an adaptation of "I Am Legend" that I didn't even know existed. Best of all, it had Vincent Price! They kept the vampires, and it stayed very true to the book. Much better than The Omega Man, IMO.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Given that the Omega Man was one of my favourite movies fro my teenage years, I think I may have to have a look at this :tup:.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Given that the Omega Man was one of my favourite movies fro my teenage years, I think I may have to have a look at this :tup:.

Well, your mileage may vary. I liked the Omega Man as an End of the World movie, but was disappointed with it as an "I Am Legend" adaptation.

Latest Discussions