Hello

A

AikidoCal

Just wanted to say hi. A little about myself. I am a person who practiced Aikido for many years. I don't consider myself the typical Aikidoka. I wasn't introduced to the spiritual side directly until the last few years. I don't know every word O'Sensei, the founder said or every concept he created. I practiced and was taught and taught Aikido from only the technical side.

I am a down to earth person, and straight talking kind of guy, no non-sense. I am a private person. I am fair and opened minded. I like to discuss martial arts now that I am retired from it. That doesn't mean I don't still practice. I do, but with old friends and old students of mine mostly.

I like other martial arts. I don't think my art is the only art in the world. There are allot of other great martial arts out there. I may not be well known or have studied under well known, or exposed to well known Aikido Senseis as other Aikidoka. Because of that I think the many years my training and Senseis have has taught me much about Aikido (technically) and other martial arts which I can contribute and provide insight.

That is it! :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! Enjoy your stay, look around and please ask any questions you may have! :ultracool

Mike

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MAP..Answers and controversy abound here, enjoy.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, AikdoCal, and welcome to MartialTalk. I look forward to your contributions.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome......... Since you have stated that you taught Aikido from only the technical side, I have some general questions that you may be able to give advice on. I'll post them in the Aikido section. Thanks in advance for your answers......

OP
R

rmcpeek

Welcome to the Forum, glad to have you here.
:asian:

OP
A

AikidoCal

I want to thank everyone so far for the warm and inviting welcome. It is greatly appreciated. :supcool:

This board has a great attitude and a huge variety of forums. It's impressive.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas, AikidoCal! :wavey: Glad you like the forums; it sounds like you have a lot of perspective & experience to contribute.
:asian:

Latest Discussions