• counter 1 copy.jpg
    counter 1 copy.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 169

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!

This is a good place to introduce yourself and tell us little bit about yourself and your martial arts background.

OP
G
Reaction score
I have done martial art's for 26 years have formally studied kenpo karate, tai chi, wing chun, shotokan karate, pa kua, have trained people for 7 years and currently retired from fighting just got too old and tired of everyone being a master after 3 days. I wrote a book and decided not to publish it on core techniques of kung-fu. I have been on martial art boards since 1993 when AOL was the popular place. I had a picture on who's who in the martial arts forum. Currently I study at home and I work in various industries trying to make a buck.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done martial art's for 26 years have formally studied kenpo karate, tai chi, wing chun, shotokan karate, pa kua, have trained people for 7 years and currently retired from fighting just got too old and tired of everyone being a master after 3 days. I wrote a book and decided not to publish it on core techniques of kung-fu. I have been on martial art boards since 1993 when AOL was the popular place. I had a picture on who's who in the martial arts forum. Currently I study at home and I work in various industries trying to make a buck.
When you say "retired from fighting" do you just mean competition? What sort of competition did you do when you were active?

Are you still training? If so, what is your focus these days?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, GMYMQ.

OP
G
Reaction score
I've done internal kenpo competitions, tae kwon do competitions, pancreas competitions, I quit teaching about 5 years ago. I currently work on circle walking and wave hand in clouds application's alot. I do pai pu twei shu, simple circle twei shu, throwing twei shu circle walking, lock flow twei shu, and full clock, half clock, passing center yin yang ground fighting. I am currently working on sun moon tien zue application's.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. You'll find a bunch of folks here who have opinions. We are frequently wrong (or so we are told by each other). We bicker, poke, and occasionally tell tall tales. We have a lot of fun and even learn from each other along the way.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've done internal kenpo competitions, tae kwon do competitions, pancreas competitions, I quit teaching about 5 years ago. I currently work on circle walking and wave hand in clouds application's alot. I do pai pu twei shu, simple circle twei shu, throwing twei shu circle walking, lock flow twei shu, and full clock, half clock, passing center yin yang ground fighting. I am currently working on sun moon tien zue application's.

I am surprised that someone with your extensive training has not at least studied, if not become belted in, Wa Sing Klo Stu, the Central Vietnamese Citadel based martial art. Especially considering your fascination with martial arts with roots in water techniques (the Citadel sat near the Wa Sing river).

Even in the Hapkido I studied we were taught the water principle, although probably not to the extent you have learned it.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions