Hello world!

CKB

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello everybody! Let me introduce myself. :)

Having trained martial arts since the early ninethies (starting with TKD), I'm currently a 3rd dan in Hapkido, 3rd dan in (Kukki) Taekwondo, and a blue belt in BJJ. I have also accumulated various color belts in other arts over the years, but have for the most part only trained in TKD, HKD and BJJ for the last decade or so. I have also dabbled in MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing and Submission Wrestling, but nothing to write home about.

Oh, and I'm a happily married 40 year old father of two beautifull children. My education is a masters degree (M.Sc.) in psychology, and I'm working as a mileu therapist with troubled adolescents.

Attatching a picture of my dog in a sweater, because why not. :)

Attachments

• 10551039_10155194213415068_8228173814617649446_n.jpg
    10551039_10155194213415068_8228173814617649446_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! I was certain with the thread title you were going to be a programmer of some sort, and was proven wrong. A lot of different experiences you have there, i hope you stick around :)

OP
CKB

CKB

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, I do enjoy programming, but it is confined to a hobby level, focusing mostly on retro computers. Bonus points if you can identify what this is. :)

ORG $1000

START:
LEA MESSAGE, A1
MOVE.B #14, D0
TRAP #15
SIMHALT
MESSAGE DC.B 'Hello world!',0
END START

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Christian. :)

Reactions: CKB

Orion Nebula

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, I do enjoy programming, but it is confined to a hobby level, focusing mostly on retro computers. Bonus points if you can identify what this is. :)

ORG $1000

START:
LEA MESSAGE, A1
MOVE.B #14, D0
TRAP #15
SIMHALT
MESSAGE DC.B 'Hello world!',0
END START

Looks like some sort of assembly. It was never my cup of tea! These days my coding is limited to some simple stuff in R and occasionally SQL, but I've done my fair share of coding in a few different languages. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with my computer science program (I'd probably have a decent job right now), but hey, being an ecology grad student is fun if not lucrative.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
CKB

CKB

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Looks like some sort of assembly.

Absolutely correct! Motorola 68000 assembly it is, i.e. the cpu family that was used in all the pre-powerpc macs, commodore amiga computers, atari st, sega genesis, and even various arcade sets in the eighties. ;)

OP
CKB

CKB

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome, everybody! :)

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial talk, are you uk, myself trained and also held 3rd Dan Hapkido (back in the 2000's) look forward to chatting.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello everybody! Let me introduce myself. :)

Having trained martial arts since the early ninethies (starting with TKD), I'm currently a 3rd dan in Hapkido, 3rd dan in (Kukki) Taekwondo, and a blue belt in BJJ. I have also accumulated various color belts in other arts over the years, but have for the most part only trained in TKD, HKD and BJJ for the last decade or so. I have also dabbled in MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing and Submission Wrestling, but nothing to write home about.

Oh, and I'm a happily married 40 year old father of two beautifull children. My education is a masters degree (M.Sc.) in psychology, and I'm working as a mileu therapist with troubled adolescents.

Attatching a picture of my dog in a sweater, because why not. :)
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Latest Discussions