hello players

jus_dann

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hey guys,
My name is Dan and i`ve been training since 1994 (the serious start).
and as most of you guys, i`m hooked! i have the problem of not being able to pick 1 art and stay there..lol they call me the martial arts whore. well i guess so... i like to think of it as emptying my cup into a 55gal drum. i`m not really a "paper tiger" although i do have rank in a few systems. my thoughts are: hey this is my path and i`m going to enjoy the ride and i dont really care what other people think. i guess you could say that i`m out of the box. there are a few system that i intend to persue deeply.
i have a few very good friends here and i hope to meet more. i must say, i have a "father figure" here..kuntawguro or buzz for short. this is a great man, always giving of knowledge and dirrection. this man is solid gold in my book and i hope you guys get to know him and understand his greatness( okay pops, there, i blew some more smoke your way..lmao).
another friend,"big brother" PG Micheal B, this guy is another "golden boy". he has done so much for me as far as my understanding simplicity and dirrectness. also, him being a few years ahead of me(but not too far) he can tell me where i am and what to expect next (clearing the path for me). this guy is no frills, just meat and potatoes.

well anyhow, about me, i`m 35yrs old. married wiith 2 children. i live ine the woods! LOL i`m in SE Ga. Not mauch here so i have to make do in my training. i have a few students here to work with and some instructor level buddies not too far away. my start in MA was mostly southern chinese. there were a few additives in the mix. kuntao,bersilat,kali, and the typical southern kungfu(s).chin-na,chi kung,etc. well i found myself needing something simular but different. so i met this guy that pulled the curtain over my eyes(showed my about 4 or 5 things that i hadn`t seen yet) and i fell under his wing until i "felt otherwize"( a few months). well then things exploded. i met Buzz (kuntaw master) and a silat player(very refined). it was then that i noticed "the real". so i started studying myself, and finding my "holes" and figuring out how and where to fill them. it was the that i really began to understand who i was (as a martial artist) and where i wanted to go. so i had a few friends send my some material to work on(remember that i`m out in the woods) and i began to build on my foundation. right after this"chapter", i attended a few inosanto seminars.i found a friend that i had met 10 years ago(sifu peacock), met his partner(guro kenny barry)who were inosanto cert instructors. i started to train them and liked it. so i spent so time with the two of them learning the inosanto programs (silat/FMA/jun fan). still having my hunger to learn everything that i could, i started to network with some friends online(one of the best things i`ve done as a martial artist). meeting some really great people(some very highly skilled), i kept expanding my horizion. so here i am with 20+? instructors and on my own path, learning everything that i can. things are good for me right now, because i feel like i have plenty to learn. i dont feel stuck on the plain to nowhere. however i do have some pretty bad injuries with my back, so i`m doing everything i can to keep what skill i have and working on the mental aspects of things(the understanding). some have called my a collector, i guess because i tend to jump around a little(ALOT!) lol, but i look at it like this: i learn everything that is given, keep what i feel is backbone material and keep the rest filed. i feel that this gives my a better view on things. there can never be enough exposure to the arts. i am an artist. but on the otherhand, i am a tradesman with very skilled tools. so you see i play both games. however, do to my injuries, i tend to lean on the combative side of things.

so that enough for now,

ingat brothers,

hope to hear from some god people in here

Dan

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..EXCELLENT opening post...

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings and enjoy MT. I haven't been here that long myself, but it's been rewarding, enlightening, and just plain fun!