Hello!!! new to MT!!

MantisTLK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

this is the introduction area so i guess i'll jump right in!

My name is Tarik, and i was introduced to martial arts in highschool and took a few classes at a local studio (wouldn't exactly call it a dojang) anyway, it wasn't really for me so i let it go and moved on to other things, this was maybe four or five years ago.

This past september i enrolled at SIUC (southern Illinois university carbondale) and i enrolled in two classes at the rec center, "reality based self defense" (krav maga) and Southern Praying Mantis Chow Gar simply to keep myself exercising, because if i don't have something structured to make me move i'm liable to sit around and do nothing.

The SPM class really touched something in my heart and i fell in love with it immediately, i am now about 8 months old, wow that seems like such a long time now that i think about it hahaahaha man time just disappears!

so yeah! this place looks great and i joined mostly to connect with the martial arts world at large and meet like minded warriors.

i thought it would be appropriate to post this video of me sticking hands with my instructor as part of my introduction, i'm wearing the wife beater and red pants :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Latest Discussions