Hello from the South Carolina

Chaleira

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Chaleira here currently in the Charleston area of SC (Military so I've moved around a bit over the past 12 years, but SC is actually my original home state.... and yes I am a Panthers fan). My art is Capoeira from 2007-Present. Other martial arts I have trained in off and on since 1997 include Brazilian Jujitsu, Judo, Kickboxing, Filipino Martial arts to name a few. I still dabble in other arts when I can. I look forward to enjoying the forums by discussing what brings us all together!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartilTalk, Chaleira. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Patriots looking strong. According to Osi, or could have been Jason Bell, tipped to win the next Super Bowl. Still, they maybe right on that.

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ah a fellow capoeirista!!!! What group(s) are you with?

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

OP
Chaleira

Chaleira

White Belt
Reaction score
Ah a fellow capoeirista!!!! What group(s) are you with?

started in 2007-2015 with Capoeira Beira Mar under Contra Mestre Bundo in Jacksonville, Fl. That group's headquarters is in Sao Paulo, Brazil under Mestre Tarzan. Then in 2015 I moved to Charleston, SC and began training with Professor Queixo of Carioca Capoeira under Mestre Carioca HQ in NY. Always great to have fellow capoeiristas to converse with! where do you train?

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
started in 2007-2015 with Capoeira Beira Mar under Contra Mestre Bundo in Jacksonville, Fl. That group's headquarters is in Sao Paulo, Brazil under Mestre Tarzan. Then in 2015 I moved to Charleston, SC and began training with Professor Queixo of Carioca Capoeira under Mestre Carioca HQ in NY. Always great to have fellow capoeiristas to converse with! where do you train?
I started in 1985 with centre Capoeira Angola Mucambo with Mestre Boca Grande do Mar. I currently teach at Angoleiros do Grama in Utah.

OP
Chaleira

Chaleira

White Belt
Reaction score
I started in 1985 with centre Capoeira Angola Mucambo with Mestre Boca Grande do Mar. I currently teach at Angoleiros do Grama in Utah.

Nice an Angoleiro! I train regional of course, but I've done lots of Angola workshops with some awesome Mestres over the years, and I love it. Wish I was more fluent in it. I very much look forward to following your posts in the forums Mestre

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Don't get a lot of Capoeira related threads, but I've studied other stuff too.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Chaleira here currently in the Charleston area of SC (Military so I've moved around a bit over the past 12 years, but SC is actually my original home state.... and yes I am a Panthers fan). My art is Capoeira from 2007-Present. Other martial arts I have trained in off and on since 1997 include Brazilian Jujitsu, Judo, Kickboxing, Filipino Martial arts to name a few. I still dabble in other arts when I can. I look forward to enjoying the forums by discussing what brings us all together!
I'm near Asheville, NC (about 4 hours) - perhaps we can catch up sometime when one or both of us is traveling in the right direction.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you mentioned BJJ as one of the arts you've studied, there's a BJJ training center near Columbia, SC (www.cartersacademy.com) that's run by a friend of mine, who also teaches my primary art, Nihon Goshin Aikido. If I recall correctly, he is currently a Purple Belt.

Latest Discussions